Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

THE SUNBODY ASSOCIATION

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Taking a break inside from storm clean up chores.

My Sunbody is ~14-15 yrs old. I dunk it all the time to cool down. It Is starting to crack out just a bit where I pinch it all the time. Has turned into a golden tan from the yrs. The only time the brim got droopy was from the steam a couple of times I wore it in a hot tub.

View attachment 431966

View attachment 431967

Jack I hope the cleanup chores are completed.

I agree with the sentiment that the Sunbody hats are terrific tools. 15 year old hat - Darn you need to be an advertisement for the company. I like the crease that has been worn into the hat.

The Sunbody hats are relatively new to me. My 2+ year old hats have born hard efforts like champs. I needed to have read this thread a lot earlier in my hat wearing history.

Terrific warm weather hats for outside effort.

i-JxrqbPD-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Coincidentally, I've got a Sunbody hat on order - Open Road style with a 3" brim in their better straw. It's been two weeks today, so it shouldn't be much longer... I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out!

Long ago I had a Stetson Open Road Panama I wore for 20 years - picture from 1982 - and I haven't owned a cattleman-creased hat since... so this may be like the return of an old friend.

CROTN682.JPG

Jack I hope the cleanup chores are completed.
Thanks Eric. I got the last truckload of limbs hauled off this morning. Some raking left to do.
The Sunbody hats are relatively new to me. My 2+ year old hats have born hard efforts like champs. I needed to have read this thread a lot earlier in my hat wearing history.
One thing that works if you get a build up of dust & dirt along the seams of the palm leaf is to use the duster brush on a canister vacuum. Works better that just a hat brush in that instance.

Scooterz

Practically Family
Yesterday I got my Sunbody Open Road - in their better straw, with a 3" brim. It's VERY nice for the price, but I really hope the sweatband shrinks nearly a full size as promised - it's currently a little big even with sizing foam in place. Obviously, I have to get out and sweat in it!

Here are a couple of quick selfies:

View attachment 435531View attachment 435532
You can wet it with cold water and wear it til it dries and it will shape to your head at least some.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi
Actually, you NEED to wet it and wear it at least at the beginning of the straw hat season and at the end. if you don't the palm leaf will get brittle and if you drop it or sit on it, you no longer have a hat.

Don't ask me how I know this...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My Sunbody hats are getting lots of head time in the summer heat.

DSC03638-M.jpg

I did some trimming and thoroughly sweated through my shirt. Before the task I soaked my Sunbody hat with the hose and let it drain down my head. The cooling effect lasted over an hour with no adverse effect to the hat. I wet down the "sweat band" and let it dry and it is good as ever and ready for the next chore.

Go Sunbody hats!

Yahoody

Practically Family
weaty yard chores in a Sunbody today. It was refreshing to soak the hat a couple times with water while working.

We generally start out with a wet hat in the morning. It's a pleasure. Wear them till we hit the next water. Then soak them again in the water tanks or anything with clean water every chance we get during the day. None of us would be going far in the heat without a wet Sunbody.

1659924012452.jpeg

N