Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thread to Display Your 1930s Suits

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Post pictures of your 1930s suits in this thread.
DSC_2433.jpg

I like how this thread is going chaps. Not much talk, just show the suits. maybe we could all agree that one person will give kudos to a suit, and the rest are included by implication. That should help to keep the chit-chat down and the pic count up!

A very nice belted back number in my favourite 2 button notch lapel style 3 piece. This one, IIRC, has 1936 union labels in it:

FawnBeltBack1.jpg
FawnBeltBack2.jpg

FawnBeltBack3.jpg

bk

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Wow! When I see all these wonderful suits I wish I could wear a 38R.
Could you upload a side shot of the trousers, please?

I'll have a lok for a picture of the trousers. they're pretty nondescript. Flat front normal waistband, button fly.

Wow! When I see all these wonderful suits I wish I could wear a 38R.
Could you upload a side shot of the trousers, please?

Check out Hogspear on British eBay. He's currently got up a bunch of what appear to be older suits made for a 6 foot 7 inch chap.

This British one I sold was easily a 44 long and stout. The real beauty of this suit was in the fabric. Buttery soft to the touch, it was. Truly remarkable.

Harrison&Martin3.jpg

Harrison&Martin4.jpg

Very high fishtail. Note the attention to detail down the rear seam.

Harrison&Martin7.jpg

Harrison&Martin8.jpg

Dated 1938.

Harrison&Martin14.jpg

Last edited:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gents - This thread is a 'visual' showcase of 1930's suits and 'should be' a great resource for easy referencing. It's not a 'silly thread' so *please* don't dilute it as it just creates more unecessary work for the Admin to edit & clean up.

Thankyou for your cooperation in this Gentlemen. Now move along please.

(TFL Management Team).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui