Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE TRADING POST

Visigoth

A-List Customer
The Powers That Be may want this moved to Classified, but I think it would be more useful here (as many people never get to that section). Also, this is NOT about making money. Strikes me that a lot of people here have hats that don't fit them, or are looking for hats that may be languishing, unloved, in somebody else's collection... so... let's have a thread devoted to trading lids.

To start out with: I could use a vintage black fedora, in 7 1/4. Something nicely film noir. I have a ton of hats to trade in that size, and a couple slightly smaller. For instance: a Knox Custom, semi-plush (not long-haired, but has directional fur), dark brown with black band, in 7 1/8 -- almost mint.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
size

What if part of the registration process would include your hat size? Not that it would be mandatory, but it would be nice to know. Put the hatsize in the little demographic area under the avatar. Since becoming obsessed with hats.... :rolleyes: er..... since becoming a "collector", I have emailed some fellow loungers links to auctions or websites if I saw a hat that I thought they'd like. I do not want to sidetrack your original idea, which I think is great. It just made me think about how handy it would be to see someone's hat size at a glance.

squid

One of the Regulars
Hat size was included when I registered. If you view my public profile you will see that I am a 7 1/4. Ebay profile name was also included.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like this Idea. I also have many hats that are 7-1/8 and others that are larger than my size 7-1/4.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a Resistol in 7-1/4 but it's a stingy brim. It's languishing in the Classifieds lol

I'm trying to pick 5 hats I can sell or trade, but it's tough to choose. 25 is too many hats for my accomodations.

Razzman

One Too Many
This thread is a great idea. :eusa_clap 7 1/4 here. I have 4 hats I would be willing to trade or sell. Looking for a vintage black or brown fedora with a wider brim.

A Stetson IJ, grey size 7 3/8 (too big for me). 2 1/4" brim.

A Royal Stetson, dark grey, also 7 3/8 with a 1 1/2" brim

A Resistol dark brown, 7 1/4 with a 1 7/8" brim 3X beaver with kitten finish.

A Stetson Gun Club, 7 1/4, dark brown with a 3 1/8" bound brim 4X beaver.

The real Henry

Practically Family
I've a late 40s/early 50s midnight blue fedora in size 59, BUT if it should fit you and you like the color, that's no problem, because it'll be send to Marc Kitter(AB Deluxe) so it would come back as a brand new looking hat in a 30s or 40s style and in your size. It has moth bites or even holes, the only bad thing is the missing lining.

My size is 7 3/8.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'm probably going to turn loose of the grey Stetson Playboy I bought recently. I'll check it tonight or tomorrow and make a decision. If I let it go, I'll be looking for an olive/green fedora in 7 1/4 with around a 2.5" brim.

RedPop4

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:
We do this often on the cigar forums. It's great fun and a nice way to get things you don't have. Of course, those of us with a collection full of wool felts will have a harder time, but still. It can build a lot of friendship and camaraderie if everyone approaches it in the right spirit.:eusa_clap :cool: :cool: :D :cheers1:

ideaguy

One Too Many
I've got a number of hats for trade...some cowboy hats NIB Stetson, Bailey20x and 100x, a few fedoras 7 1/4; looking for 7 3/8 Stratoliner or older OR, Borsa
Allessandria...I'm easy-also have antique accessories for the discriminating
gentleman; spectacles,etc.

Pilgrim said:
I'm probably going to turn loose of the grey Stetson Playboy I bought recently. I'll check it tonight or tomorrow and make a decision. If I let it go, I'll be looking for an olive/green fedora in 7 1/4 with around a 2.5" brim.

I'm clean out of green fedoras, Pilgrim. Here's hoping you find one here on the swap board. But if you don't, and you're still interested in parting with the Playboy, well, you know ...

Razzman

One Too Many
hat pics

Stetson IJ, Grey size 7 3/8, 2 1/4" brim.
a>

a>

a>

Stetson Gun Club 4X beaver, Medium Brown, Size 7 1/4 bound brim. Brim is 3'.
a>

a>

a>

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Ooh... kinda like that Gun Club! What year do you figure it's from? (Would 4x have meant actual beaver, for instance?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points