Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Untouchables - Hats You Won't Part With

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I am very interested to get feedback from all the Lounge members on those unique, one-of-a-kind, classy, classic or memorable hats that you love so much you will keep them forever. What is that one hat you will never give up? Pictures will be appreciated.

31 Model A

A-List Customer
IMG_0005.JPG

jlee562

I'll Lock Up

somebody on Instagram randomly offered me $300 for this one. I told him it's not for sale...unless I found one in black and better condition.* Not only have I wanted a real deal Boss Raw Edge for many years, the store imprint for this one gives me some reasonable certainly that this is 100+ years old. But if anybody has a lead on a black size 7, help a brother out!

*(Also, it looked like the dude was a vintage seller so I figured he was gonna turn around and sell it for more. Well heck, I could do that.)

I have so few hats that I can't imagine many scenarios in which I'd have to narrow my meager collection to only one. However, if that were to happen the hat I'd probably keep would be Cane's Creations #36 made by fellow Lounger and hatter Tim Mahovich before he adopted the Alley Kat Hat Co. name:

IJ7KTmC.jpg

Beautiful Whiskey rabbit felt with a 1-1/2" "Dark Coffee" Grosgrain ribbon. C-Crown crease with a height of 4-3/8" at the pinch, 4-1/2" at the peak, and 4" at the rear with a deeply flanged 2-3/4" brim. Soft felt that holds it's shape very well, it's probably the closest I'll get to owning a vintage hat for the foreseeable future.

somebody on Instagram randomly offered me $300 for this one. I told him it's not for sale...unless I found one in black and better condition.* Not only have I wanted a real deal Boss Raw Edge for many years, the store imprint for this one gives me some reasonable certainly that this is 100+ years old. But if anybody has a lead on a black size 7, help a brother out!

*(Also, it looked like the dude was a vintage seller so I figured he was gonna turn around and sell it for more. Well heck, I could do that.)
Wow Jared, what a hat! I wouldn't sell it either, I would just look to add a black one too.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, JLee, I was hoping some of you would bring out the old stuff. That one looks fantastic 100 years later.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That's about where I'm at Zombie, sleek, simple, stylish. Thanks for sharing.

I have so few hats that I can't imagine many scenarios in which I'd have to narrow my meager collection to only one. However, if that were to happen the hat I'd probably keep would be Cane's Creations #36 made by fellow Lounger and hatter Tim Mahovich before he adopted the Alley Kat Hat Co. name:

IJ7KTmC.jpg

Beautiful Whiskey rabbit felt with a 1-1/2" "Dark Coffee" Grosgrain ribbon. C-Crown crease with a height of 4-3/8" at the pinch, 4-1/2" at the peak, and 4" at the rear with a deeply flanged 2-3/4" brim. Soft felt that holds it's shape very well, it's probably the closest I'll get to owning a vintage hat for the foreseeable future.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I don't know that I could pick one.

But the three that come to mine first are my moss green Penman, my gray Adventurebilt 'travel' hat, and my sage green '40s John Cavanagh.

The ('40s) Cavangh is simply irreplaceable, especially its condition and color, and is my grail hat. ABs are almost not being made anymore, and I love everything about mine. The Penman is certainly replaceable, but I love everything about it, as well.

That one is a treasure Jared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ