Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Whiskey Sour

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I'm having a little get together this evening with some co-workers in my home. I've decided to make whiskey sours along with some other libations. I've never had or made one before, so I'm new to this. Ingredient #1 I'm sure of, a bottle of Maker's Mark. Check. Now, I hate the sour mix you buy at the store, so, I figured I'd make my own. Simple syrup and lemon juice. This is where I run into options. I've read recipes that have you mix the whiskey, syrup, and lemon juice as three separate ingredients, and some others that have you mix the lemon juice and syrup into a sour mix. I figure this is the best place to inquire about this classic drink. So how do you take your whiskey sour? Any recommendations on sour mix that doesn't taste horrible (*cough*FinestCall*cough)? I'll probably be using cherries to garnish, maybe an orange or lemon slice. I'd love some insight on how to make this classic drink in the most "authentic" way possible. Egg white as an ingredient will not be considered lol !

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner