Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Cafe Racer Italian Horsehide

pawineguy

One Too Many
In a recent thread someone asked me if I shouldn't expand my collection to other makers, and so here you go... I will post a longer review with fit pics tomorrow, but my impressions so far:

1. I was looking for a Spring / Summer leather that I might also be able to ride in with armor underneath, something much lighter than my current jackets. I was thinking about maybe goatskin from Aero, but Carrie and Wade suggested giving Thedi a shot.
2. The horsehide is MUCH lighter than Horween FQHH, very supple and soft, but being horsehide it feels like it would still have good abrasion resistance. Shows some interesting grain already, with more of a matte finish.
3. Stitch work looks really great all around. I like the old school labels, and the detail of a true pistol pocket which looks like it will hold my Kahr PM9 perfectly.
4. Backwards zipper (to me) will take some getting used to but not something that will bother me.
5. It's obviously modeled a bit after a J-100, with some bottom flair and the zipper stopping short of the bottom.
6. Zips are nickel but that darker, "pre-tarnished" look.

IMG_4748.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4752.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks very nice to me. With the lighter weight, it is a jacket that you can grab on the fly anytime and should get frequent use. Congratulations!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great jacket ..... How does the leather compare to the Vicenza HH?

It's lighter than the Vincenza, and does not have the deep grain, which makes sense as it's just not nearly as thick. The Vincenza is still a pretty thick hide, just tanned to be much more supple. This is even softer. It fits the bill for something I can ride in when an Aero or Vanson would be just too much.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Looks soft and supple right out the box. Would love to see some fit pics. Well done. Don't know too many folks on here that've gone the Thedi Route.

Worf

pawineguy

One Too Many
Fit pics... sorry for the white oxford, looks a little awkward, or it could be me putting the jacket on over my case of Christmas shingles... Holiday fun!

Worf, I've been liking the looks of the Thedi, but the padded racers are not me, so when I went looking for a lighter weight jacket I didn't initially think of them, but Carrie and Wade thought it might be a good idea.

The jacket is very soft, weighs in at 4.5 pounds, and fits similar to my Board Racer, but with more room to layer my armor comfortably underneath. It's got a nice wind flap and a double ended Talon zipper.

This is an XL, 27 inch sleeves and 27 inch back. I'm 6'2", 185 pounds.

IMG_4755.jpg
IMG_4756.jpg
IMG_4758.jpg

mendelboaz

One Too Many
My oh my, you just keep hitting them out of the park! That is one lovely Thedi leather jacket, very reminiscent of the Buco J-100. You have got one great collection, mate :) I imagine this one smells divine...

GregO

One of the Regulars
Looks like a good fit. I like the jacket. And definitely a different flavor than Aero, which is probably a good thing for you, as you have quite the Aero collection.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Looks like a good fit. I like the jacket. And definitely a different flavor than Aero, which is probably a good thing for you, as you have quite the Aero collection.

Exactly Greg, it's a nice change of pace from the heavy Aeros. (which I obviously love but needed something lighter)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Really nice. Most of the online pictures of Thedi show kind of pre-distressed leather, which is nice, but this one looks good and I prefer a newer looking jacket. Hopefully more examples will come around these parts.

Really nice. Most of the online pictures of Thedi show kind of pre-distressed leather, which is nice, but this one looks good and I prefer a newer looking jacket. Hopefully more examples will come around these parts.

+1 on everything.

pawineguy

One Too Many

They seem to be selling out each batch very quickly as they receive them in, I am assuming they are going out in the store, or we would have seen more on here. It's the type of jacket that seems like it would be really easy to sell in their shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21