Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Theme from Another Thin Man

MissMittens

One Too Many
Does anyone know the name of the tune used as the theme for Another Thin Man with William Powell and Myrna Loy?

Watching the boxed set tonight and can't find the name of the tune and its so familiar it's driving me nuts lol.

Thanks fellow loungers

Olde English

New in Town
There was a bouncy little German song set to the same tune, called Wochenend und Sonnenschein, recorded by The Comedian Harmonists around 1930. I'm sure several versions are still available on You Tube, but being an aging Luddite I have no idea how to link to it! Apologies for that!

MikePotts

Practically Family
There was a bouncy little German song set to the same tune, called Wochenend und Sonnenschein, recorded by The Comedian Harmonists around 1930. I'm sure several versions are still available on You Tube, but being an aging Luddite I have no idea how to link to it! Apologies for that!

That German version was shown just the other day on a TV channel we have in the U.S. called 'Classic Arts Showcase' (channel 9406 on Dish Network) and it was awesome!.......a little surreal, given the dates, but awesome anyway!

MP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ