Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinning the hat collection part IX: even more size 7 1/8 hats

Well, I’m trying to sell off a good chunk of my collection of hats, because I’m running out of storage space fast and I’ve decided (out of necessity) to go for quality instead of quantity. I’ll be listing them here for those who can appreciate a good hat when they see one and who know how to take care of it. Some I let go (most in fact) because the fit just isn’t exactly right (you wouldn’t believe how many cork spacers came out of this pile of hats), or because I have a better hat which is more or less the same, because the hat just doesn’t work for me or just because I bought it to move it along in the first place.

I’ll be listing them by size. Because I’m a size 7 (American) myself, most of the hats will be in the 7 and 7 1/8 range. I will say something about fit and size for a hat when necessary. Needless to say: these are vintage hats: what you see is what you get.

Postage is not included in the price. To the US postage will be $25 (it’ll cost me more, but we’re all loungers here). Buy more at the same time and save on shipping. Heck, buy all of them and let’s make a deal.

PM me if you’re interested, for questions or if you want to see more pictures of the individual hats (or all of these). These will not be on sale on Ebay; it's an Fedora Lounge exclusive kind of thing. Be patient: I'll be posting 50 hats in total.

Last of the size 7 1/8 hats now.

39. Tonak
Fedora in grey/brown. Czech. Lined. Bound brim at 6cm and crown 10cm at the pinch.
$45
tonak_2.jpg

tonak_6.jpg

40. Valensy
Homburg in black. Belgian. Lined. Brim at 5cm and crown 10cm at the pinch. This one comes with the original sales box.
$60
valensy_2.jpg

valensy_5.jpg

41. Stetson
Fedora in grey. English (made under license). Lined. Stetson Sovereign Times Square. Overwelt brim at 5,5cm and crown 10,5cm at the pinch.
$120
stetson sovereign_02.jpg

stetson sovereign_04.jpg

41a. Doewes
Tophat in black. Dutch. Silk topper in black. Excellent conditionin the original case.
$90
doewes_1.jpg

doewes_2.jpg

41b. L'Hiver/Penumbra
Bowler in brown. Dutch. Lined. Originally a riding hat (and therefore quite heavy), renovated by Penumbra hats. Too large for me alas. Brown bowlers are quite rare.
$90
brandx bowler_02.jpg

brandx bowler_04.jpg

Love that brown bowler, "Bat Wings" ribbon. Wonder if it would take a stretch to 7 1/4"
I'm afraid not, Mike. It is very sturdy. I don't think there's much room for stretching there.

For those interested in the hats: feel free to make me an offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner