Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinning the hat collection part X: size 7 1/4 hats

Well, I’m trying to sell off a good chunk of my collection of hats, because I’m running out of storage space fast and I’ve decided (out of necessity) to go for quality instead of quantity. I’ll be listing them here for those who can appreciate a good hat when they see one and who know how to take care of it. Some I let go (most in fact) because the fit just isn’t exactly right (you wouldn’t believe how many cork spacers came out of this pile of hats), or because I have a better hat which is more or less the same, because the hat just doesn’t work for me or just because I bought it to move it along in the first place.

I’ll be listing them by size. Because I’m a size 7 (American) myself, most of the hats will be in the 7 and 7 1/8 range. I will say something about fit and size for a hat when necessary. Needless to say: these are vintage hats: what you see is what you get.

Postage is not included in the price. To the US postage will be $25 (it’ll cost me more, but we’re all loungers here). Buy more at the same time and save on shipping. Heck, buy all of them and let’s make a deal.

PM me if you’re interested, for questions or if you want to see more pictures of the individual hats (or all of these). These will not be on sale on Ebay; it's an Fedora Lounge exclusive kind of thing. Be patient: I'll be posting 50 hats in total.

Finally: the size 7 1/4 hats now.

42. Borsalino
Fedora in dark brown. Italian. Lined. Bound brim at 5,5cm and crown 10,5cm at the pinch. Semi-longhair finish. Some discoloration at the back of the brim and some foxing on the liner. Qualitá suprema.
$75
borsalino morello58_09.jpg

borsalino morello58_11.jpg

43. Bronnold
Fedora in black velour. German. Lined. Label says size 6 (which would mean size 58, but I’d say it fits in between a size 57 and 58). Raw edge brim at 6cm and crown at 10cm at the pinch. Very rare brand.
$90

bronnold_02.jpg

bronnold_04.jpg

44. Hut Schick
Homburg in grey. Austrian. Lined. Brim at 4,5cm and crown at 11cm at the pinch. Very soft hat in semi longhair-finish, possibly some woolcontent. Older hat; pre-war.
$75
hut schick_02.jpg

hut schick_04.jpg

45. Lembert
Homburg in light grey. German. Lined. No size indication, but I’d say in between 57 and 58. Unique piece in this light colour and sweatband in the same colour. Maybe to be worn with morning dress events. Brim at 6,5cm and crown 11,5cm at the pinch.
$175
lembert homburg_02.jpg

lembert homburg_04.jpg

46. Resistol
Fedora in brown. German (made under license). Lined. Resistol Fenway. Overwelt brim at a hair under 6cm and the crown at 11,5cm at the pinch.
$75
resistol fenway_02.jpg

resistol fenway_03.jpg

Pffff, one more to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana