1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

This is just painful to watch

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Bruce Wayne, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne My Mail is Forwarded Here

[video=youtube;M2fHQ9eULzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M2fHQ9eULzk[/video]

2. .
    Yeah, well ... what the film doesn't show is all the other kids who answered the questions correctly. Nearly all of them were edited out ... because they would have spoiled the flick's "shock factor".

3. Johnnysan

Johnnysan One Too Many

OY...I need a drink.

4. PabloElFlamenco

PabloElFlamenco Practically Family

I'm from Utopia, myself. Very nice country it could have been, weren't it for the likes of Urope and Alas.

5. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

Exactly. There are plenty of students out there who can answer those questions and a few the interviewer hasn't thought of yet..

6. Fletch

Fletch I'll Lock Up

Still...this is gonna be the old folks' email/facebook forward of the month.
    [​IMG]
    GOOD GRAVY MARGE, WHAT ARE WE COMING TO?

7. :D:eusa_clap So, so true!

8. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

9. Jews, Mormons and atheists/agnostics have the best scores. No surprise there. :)

10. kpreed

kpreed One of the Regulars

And you seemed such a nice guy, till now.

11. Treetopflyer

Treetopflyer Practically Family

OK, I get the “shock” factor that this clip is supposed to have by editing out all the kids that answered correctly. However, the exact same kids seem to be giving the wrong answers every time. I have often wondered what these sorts of people think about or do when they are not learning basic information. I also get that not everyone is going to be a genius, but these questions are pretty basic.

I think the same thing when I see adults on the Jay Leno show’s “Jay Walking”.

12. What's not nice? I'm showing my admiration of Jews, Mormons and atheists/agnostics. Something wrong with this?

13. kpreed

kpreed One of the Regulars

I did not read it that way. IF I WAS WRONG, SORRY!

14. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

Don't be so shocked. These videos are all edited. If it's still on Youtube, I can show you an excellent one displaying American stupidity.

15. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne My Mail is Forwarded Here

I understand that they only used the lowest common denominators for their video. I also understand that any of us could have gotten a number of those questions wrong on a bad day. It still doesn't make it any less painful to watch.

16. Some people simply can't pay attention in class, others see no value in learning about history. the important thing is if they are the ones choosing what home you wind up in when you're elderly.

17. Lincsong

Lincsong I'll Lock Up

I thought this thread was about the 80's television show Hunter.

18. Atomic Age

Atomic Age Practically Family

To be fair they did show some students getting the right answers. But also to be fair, I went to high school with these same kids (or maybe it was their parents) 35 years ago. They are the same today as they were then.

To be fair one more time, I don't think you can expect a 15 year old to know or care about most of this stuff. They barely know what they had for breakfast. Many of them grow out of it, sadly many of them don't.

Doug

19. Dan Rodemsky

Dan Rodemsky One of the Regulars

That's not fair.

20. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Exactly what I thought before I even scrolled down. This video is painful for me to watch because of that "shock factor."