Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thought: Do we need to add a kitchen in here?

Should we ask MK and the Bartenders to add a "Member's Recipe Box" room?

• Yes, let's get all the cooking stuff together in one place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, mixed in with the Observation Bar's good enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I b'leeve I'll reply affirmatively. I'll bet there's a lot of collective wisdom.

I'll gladly contribute the simple recipe for the brining solution I use overnight before putting a turkey in the smoker.:D

Brooksie

One Too Many
What a great idea - it will make finding things of this nature much easier. Plus I think people will be more apt to submit some really great recipies, especially the good old time favorites.

Brooksie

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I do think that having a recipe swap is a great idea. I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a sticky within the OB instead of creating a whole new area for it. I know, all those recipes on one thread could get messy.
If we did have a separate area for recipes we'd have to keep it neat and organized, so searching for recipes won't be so difficult. If everyone started a new thread within the area with their one recipe, there'd be a ton of recipe's to weed through, and searching might prove to be difficult. So, if there was a way to create sections within the area, like one for appetizers, one for salads, one for pasta, one for soups, one for entrees, one for desserts, and one for drinks, these might make finding what we are looking for a bit easier.
My only wonder is, we already have so many different sections, do we really need to have another one. I certainly think there is enough info to be supplied to fill a new room. I think a recipe swap is a grand idea. I'm a "foodie" and am always looking for new things to cook.
Also, I think that The Fedora Lounge needs a bar area! I know we can all go out and buy a bartending book. However, I have a feeling that a lot of loungers have some great drink recipes.

I think this is a great idea. I'm just on the fence as to whether or not we need to create a whole new room for this. I know, I keep going back and forth and answering my own questions:eek:! Honestly, I'm just not sure if we need a whole new room. But, I'll sleep on it and see what I think tomorrow:)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Sounds like a good idea to me. We already have a number of random threads floating around full of recipes. It would make finding things a lot easier.

I'd be happy to share, and would be looking forward to new ideas!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I was recently thinking of how great it would be if the FL had a recipe room. I love cooking and trying new foods! I could also share "vintage" recipes of the stars from my old movie magazines ;)

RedPop4

One Too Many
Here goes RedPop4 again....."over at his OOOOOOOOOOTHER board......." Man that guy, that's all he ever talks about........

Anyway, over on Cigar Weekly, we have a number of folks who love to cook. A few years ago, one of our members (dodom RIP--he died two weeks ago at 37) scoured the "Close But No Cigar" forum (off topics) and compiled all the recipes. He made a cookbook, it's in HTML and in Adobe. Another member hosts it and adds to it when the occasion arises. I have a printed copy from two or three years ago, and it's a great resource.

It's kept accessible in a sticky thread atop that same CBNC forum.

Just my small contribution. We've had this same discussion over there for years, should we have a food forum? We have one for beverages, since, a good cigar must be paired with a good beverage. For whatever reason, though, we don't have a food forum and are still having this debate.

Rafter

Suspended
Ladies and Gents,

You don't need a kitchen for my "recipe for life".

4 cups of Love
2 cups of Loyalty
3 cups of Forgiveness
1 cup of Friendship
5 spoons of Hope
2 spoons of Tenderness
4 quarts of Faith
1 barrel of Laughter

Take Love and Loyalty, mix it thoroughly with Faith.
Blend it with Tenderness, Kindness & Understanding.
Sprinkle abundantly with Laughter.
Bake it with Sunshine.
Serve daily with Generous helpings.

Feraud

Bartender
Whether or not a Kitchen added to the place I hope to see some recipies posted.

We have a couple of vintage cookbooks and I will try to post a few for your culinary enjoyment.

Novella

Practically Family
Rafter said:
Ladies and Gents,

You don't need a kitchen for my "recipe for life".

4 cups of Love
2 cups of Loyalty
3 cups of Forgiveness
1 cup of Friendship
5 spoons of Hope
2 spoons of Tenderness
4 quarts of Faith
1 barrel of Laughter

Take Love and Loyalty, mix it thoroughly with Faith.
Blend it with Tenderness, Kindness & Understanding.
Sprinkle abundantly with Laughter.
Bake it with Sunshine.
Serve daily with Generous helpings.

That's so saccharine I think I got a few cavities just from reading it.

I vote for a kitchen - although I do also think Feraud's suggestion to start a recipes thread is a good idea to test the waters.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Hmm, I can't vote it seems! Well, I'm still chiming in.

I was LOOKING for just such a section this morning to discuss how much fun I had making pies from scratch this morning with my hair in pin curls. I'm headed out to a picnic this afternoon and I have a cherry pie and a peach blueberry pie in the oven. Both are from an old Betty Crocker cookbook from the 50s (maybe earlier) and everything is from scratch. My mother used these recipes both to win numerous blue ribbons at the State fair and also to sell pies during the holidays. I have never met anyone but my mother who makes pies the old fashioned way...and I have never had a pie as wonderful. I wanted to see if anyone else makes these older recipes or wants them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21