Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts: Thinking about making a movie.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Hello all, I have come to the realization recently that there haven't been many movies made with a solid, original storyline like the ones you would see in the Golden Era. I've always thought of myself as a creative person, I excelled in creative writing in grade school:p. Anyways, I talked about it with a friend of mine and the ideas started flowing on my drive to work. Anyways, I have a title, plot, setting, and a few options for the main character names, I will list those below. I do have a couple friends that can help in all aspects of creating a low, low budget movie and I live in the perfect area to use as settings. Basically, I would like to get your thoughts on the plot and names. Thanks to all in advance.

Title: Brothers, Inc.

Setting: Late 1945 (September-December)

Characters:
-Main character #1: Dom/George/John
-Main character #2: Mario/Charles/Frank
-Main character #3: Mary/Margaret/Elizabeth
-Main character #4: Helen/Alice/Marie

Main characters #1 & #2 are brothers, #3 is #2's girlfriend, and #4 is the mother of the brothers.

Plot: Character #1 returns home from WWII to his mother (#4), brother (#2), and brothers girlfriend (#3). #1 has never met his brothers girlfriend yet. #2 is an organized crime boss which upsets his girlfriend. #3 starts to fall for the hometown war hero, #1, who is struggling to find work. As the days progress, #1 and #3 start to fall for one another. After many attempts by #2 to get #1 to join his crime organization, #1 gives in and joins due to his desperation. #1 joining #2 in organized crime upsets #3. #2 soon finds out what is going on between #1 and #3 and disowns them both. #1 leaves #2's organization taking half the organizations men with him when he starts his own rival organization. #3 now pleads with #1 to give up the organized crime life and start an honest business. #2's organization is starting to fail. #2 is angered over his failing business, his brothers success, and the fact he still loves #3. #3 falls ill which causes #1 to go straight and leave the organized crime life. #1 contacts #2 as #3's health worsens. #3 has a dying wish for the brothers to forget their differences and reconcile. #1 & #2 set aside their differences and #2 joins #1's business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails