Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Threads Magazine- Vintage Issue

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hello,

I just recieved my copy of Threads magazine in the mail yesterday and thought I'd pass on the word. Nearly the whole issue is vintage inspired, featuring articles on vintage sewing patterns, taking detailing from authentic 1940's dresses, adding vintage details to new garments, and creating vintage inspired aprons, among others. You might want to pick it up, or here's a link to some of the articles which are available online:
http://www.taunton.com/threads/index.asp

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Thank you for the heads up...I will have to get this magazine and maybe subscribe!

I have been wanting to get back into sewing again and this will definitely help.

Shellie

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I hope you don't mind a guy butting in

When I look at the names of new threads on this site I forget to check under which forum it is.
This magazine sounds like a must buy. I could tell my wife I got it for her and then read the articles myself.
Thanks for the heads up.

Sincerely,
the Wolf

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
RetroModelSari said:
I tried to, but they just take credit-cards (which are rather unusual in Europe) and no paypal :-(

Sari-heck, I can buy an issue for you when I get mine, and we can work it out through Paypal for cost and all that. I ship to Germany alot and can use USPS First Class International-I don't think it would cost that much. PM if you would like me to do this! I checked Joann yesterday, and the issue they have is still the old one. I will keep checking back there to see when they have it. Does this sound ok to you? :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the heads up! I've been haunting my local newsagents hoping they'd have a new issue for a week--it seems like it's been so long between issues. Perhaps next week?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
My local magazine shop finally got this in on Friday--great issue! I couldn't believe how young the proprietress of EvaDress is. I'd love to be let loose in Western Costume too--it was really helpful to see an in-depth examination of those two 1940s gowns.

Does anyone else feel like Threads has been very uneven over the past year or so? Sometimes I feel like it is way too basic, but then they'll produce an issue like this one and my hopes rise again.

vintagelaura

New in Town
I couldn't believe how young the proprietress of EvaDress is.

I think you're looking at the photo in Threads? I was confused when I first saw the article, until I realized they were using a model. The photo in Threads isn't Alexandra Reynolds. You can see a picture of her on her website, at http://www.evadress.com/ED.html. She's still young, just not as young as the model they used.

Laura

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Ooh, I'd love a copy of this, especially since I'm planning to seriously get into sewing once I go home this summer. Now I just need to remember to buy the magazine before it goes off the shelves!

Adele

One of the Regulars
Well, now I know what I have to add to my things to do this weekend.

Thank you for sharing that Lauren! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk