Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thriftstore find- Can anyone identify the maker?

technovox

One Too Many
Just found this in my local thriftstore...kind of a half-belt design. I'm good at identifying cafe racers, but this style is out of my area of familiarity. Does anyone recognize the maker? The leather is amazing, supple and beautiful. No holes or tears in the leather. Might be horsehide...but since there's no label, it's just a guess. Main zip is a Conmar. The ring pull zip looks to be original. The fit is around a size 42, but as usual with these vintage jackets, the arms are a bit short for my long arms. It's a beaut, but sadly I'll probably end up selling it.
Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

HorseMain.jpg

HorseBack.jpg

horsepocket.jpg

Horsecollar.jpg

horsesleeve.jpg

Just found this in my local thriftstore...kind of a half-belt design. I'm good at identifying cafe racers, but this style is out of my area of familiarity. Does anyone recognize the maker? The leather is amazing, supple and beautiful. No holes or tears in the leather. Might be horsehide...but since there's no label, it's just a guess. Main zip is a Conmar. The ring pull zip looks to be original. The fit is around a size 42, but as usual with these vintage jackets, the arms are a bit short for my long arms. It's a beaut, but sadly I'll probably end up selling it.
Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 128860

View attachment 128861

View attachment 128862

View attachment 128863

View attachment 128864
Maybe Herc or Wards? Is the lining quilted red nylon?

technovox

One Too Many
Nice! Lining looks like Windward. Late 40s with that lining. Interested to know the back length. Nice worn in leather. I like this style of pocket.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
Agreed! The diagonal chest pocket is a favorite on these half-belts...conveys somewhat of a rakish devil-may-care look.
The back length is approximately 27", measured from the base of the collar. Shoulder to shoulder approx. 19" (straight across), shoulder seam to end of sleeve cuff approx 24" (around outside arm), and pit to pit is approx 22".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112