Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurlow Leather World-Deer skin MC Jacket

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Deer season started October 1st in Illinois, USA. I don't hunt, but deer Hunting is very popular in my area. Many get killed on the roads through out the year. Everyone seems to have a story of a car/deer encounter.

I'm not sure who does the deer tanning around here. There are taxidermist. I play music with a guy who has a house full of trophies. There have been and continue to be deerskin clothing makers in the mid-west where I live.

Thurlow is/was in San Diego, California. I just can't find my original source regarding Thurlow. I went through my Tanaka books, but got lost! I know there is a reference in one of the books. I have not done much research on the company. Like to hear about them.

This is another stunner in Deer skin. It feels like silk, my girlfriend said buttey. Truely does fit like a glove! That is the expression I was searching for. the Finish is amazing.

The interior and label look very much like a local Deerskin maker. I have seen later more modern collar label. This label has the hand made shop look. The use of Velcro, which looks like original work, dates it. Maybe 70s?

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That's nice deerskin...….usually I find it too pebbly.

very smooth, soft,

hKBg7XQ_E3XqbjipJF87vgVPf4QJ5dvdy5gs-lvzBhMzR7sFr842-R2LwIThqJNW6vJZfxrAHUGUvsnu1nUR6UJnTkR7iBSYWUdDGkgOpU3Vr9cpu4StboCnZG11a4vIjsqZlpufUusukiKtJEkhmL5zc16YjyiMsCvRXC5oQyRXw36vYoC6msJQJn1vBZeSBjvGiOyqhrdUCX2RyPHtO2_SRrjNNzvpcQ5rZircu2IGUOzRUIjq1zo4GKvaTq3Cmq84lz6GeAXEXBUG07IDuHc6DJvnZvHFipQAtUmw5nMCACxV1_w42JGAZw5SmbnKlMSkg_DJXp0jdpaxqTgqSfbfWmec2Dmzk97Q1OnpGXwIDK4w1w6J_qWVDBI_gqHIWQXRkjiEEG4fs62ACE4u5QX3cXECmB82qHkdiPg6QbXyIRm5jFj1j4mmDfB2feyghwwgYIzyuoLohAm3wt9xB433HI1ClmYfx5CNKje9P51rx3uzOUWMlLq3yJ14J6KGqPI1WQq34jTMM8-JoeESQEAEd-Kkb43U8muO-iK87Z_09DC4SppefC5g0jTJhKuwbdkte1oqWA5mO4Met3cG9bTcc1WQIWVTj_U2raPsuP1i1U-4JhJXDc7UqXi_HvFH_T3YsVuV68P0jUzJHBda1JnCEK10F0VOFjXFejPXvr_RbWCta6crP_bc=w1205-h678-no

Bjorn240

One of the Regulars
I have nearly the exact same jacket, but with a cafe racer / Nehru collar and lightly padded elbows and forearms. One neat feature mine has is exit vents inside the shoulder gussets - never seen that before or since, and it works really well. It is definitely a riding jacket. They are fantastic jackets, but I would guess both yours and mine date from the late eighties or early nineties. Thurlow were in business until about 2005 I think. I moved back to California from college in 1997 and they were around a good long time after that anyway.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Sorry the pictures are not showing up. I tried the conversion, but that does not work.

I've had this problem before. Some people see the pictures others don't.

When I post the pictures I can see them

I will refrain from posting any pictures until I figure out how to post without these issues.

Sorry, Thanks for being interested

Terry

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I have nearly the exact same jacket, but with a cafe racer / Nehru collar and lightly padded elbows and forearms. One neat feature mine has is exit vents inside the shoulder gussets - never seen that before or since, and it works really well. It is definitely a riding jacket. They are fantastic jackets, but I would guess both yours and mine date from the late eighties or early nineties. Thurlow were in business until about 2005 I think. I moved back to California from college in 1997 and they were around a good long time after that anyway.

You must be able to see the Video and not pictures?

Thanks for the information. I would like to see your jacket. I forgot to post a pic of the label, but that does not seem to work. I've seen some Thurlows with a tag at the neck, this has the Thrulow name just stamped on an inside pocket.

Coming through loud and clear now TM. I really like the style of this jacket and the hide looks superb. eBay saved search...added!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Coming through loud and clear now TM. I really like the style of this jacket and the hide looks superb. eBay saved search...added!

I have not seen many Thurlow jackets or any. I may have to run a search. I still can not recall where I heard about them.

I've been very curious of the Japanese Deer jackets. Not owed or handled one. Hard to imagine much nicer leather. These folks knew how to sew Deerskin. Amazing work.

I've read here about toughness of Deerskin. This one is much more delicate. It would be easy to snag it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21