Thursday leather jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Guppy, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I guess the internet cookies told on me, because Google News has been sending me recommendations to read articles promoting Thursday Boot Co.'s new line of leather jackets.

I read one of them, and saw that they are producing a Horween natural 3oz CXL motorcycle jacket priced under $500. I'm not really in the market, as my closets are saturated with this style already, but that's an awfully good price for a CXL jacket, and it doesn't look half-bad in the model photos. I don't know what type of hardware they're using or lining, and it says nothing about options and customization, and for that price point I should assume none, and probably only SMLXL sizing, but it might be a good if not great option for some.

2. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

33333.png 1111111122.png They looks pretty cool.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    ProteinNerd, navetsea and Guppy like this.
  3. HeyZeusPenguin

HeyZeusPenguin Familiar Face

Apparently, zippers arent heavy enough for the thick leather, the sewing is poor, and the lining is cheap. Carl Murawski made a video on it, exposing a lot of flaws.

4. Monitor

Monitor

I'm just watching the review. Dude is off with the lining, most makers use polyester and nylon for linings in MC jackets. Workmanship is a bit sloppy, though. It fits him very nice! Would break in just nicely from the look of things.

5. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well, looking at their website again today, there's no sign of the natural CXL option, and their black jacket is "premium lambskin". ugh. pass.

6. trainspotter

trainspotter One of the Regulars

I have one of these, will share fit pictures soon. The CXL Steerhide is really heavy vs FQHH 02885C86-7E1B-4F90-BCB6-88945AAC78A9.jpeg

AeroFan_07, Harris HTM, samo and 4 others like this.
  7. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

That looks really nice. What are your thoughts on it?

8. trainspotter

Thanks @tropicalbob. I am a sucker for natural CXL, and this was my first jacket in this combo. The zippers do feel weak vs the heavy leather, but other than that, it feels great, well constructed and fits well. I think Carl Murawski went with the wrong sizing & that is why he felt the fit of the jacket to be too tight. It will not fare too well if design is compared with those of aero, schott, RMC etc, but the leather is definitely up there & overall it was a great deal. I wish I could do away with the epaulettes & the belt though

tropicalbob likes this.
  9. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks. I sent them an email asking if they were going to make the jacket available again. I like both the natural leather and the design. From what you say above, it sounds like their jackets are much like their boots: not too fancy but certainly functional and affordable. I suppose I'm drawn to them because they remind me of the jackets I saw at Sears or Montgomery Ward when I was growing up.

10. trainspotter

Glad to contribute to the forum. Actually I did ask them the same question around an year back, and they kind of clearly said there was very little chance this particular jacket will be back in CXL. At that point, they had 4 jackets in their linup, all in cow/steerhide, one being this one. They had the same style in black in their own chrome tanned leather. And two flight jackets, again in Thursday chrome tanned steerhide. They also had a couple of varsity jackets made in collaboration with Golden Bear

If you notice, now they have changed the whole jacket lineup to lambskin. So I guess there is very little chance these will be back in production. But they do come on ebay once in a while, if you can keep an eye out

11. trainspotter

tropicalbob likes this.