Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Nathan Flowers, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros. Sponsoring Affiliate

Battered Tan FQHH has grown in popularity in the past year! Customers love the incredible grain that shows up on a brand new jacket--no break-in required! You can see all the custom options for Aero orders on our Custom Aero page--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Here's a custom Aero Highwayman that has a new home in Florida--

Aero Highwayman Battered Tan FQHH tag.jpg Aero Highwayman Battered Tan FQHH chest pocket.jpg Aero Highwayman Battered Tan FQHH front.jpg Aero Highwayman Battered Tan FQHH Capercaillie tartan lining.jpg Aero Highwayman Battered Tan FQHH back.jpg Aero Highwayman Battered Tan FQHH yoke grain.jpg

2. The Battered Tan FQHH is now my favorite hide finish for sure. It's looking like I must get a jacket in that hide. Now just must choose the style. Another Bootlegger ( probably not although I love to wear the one I have )...Sheene...Teamster? This is a tough one since I'd probably want to wear a jacket in that hide often.
    I already own a brown FQHH HwyMn...Black FQHH Stuart...Antique tan steer '30s HB...Brown FQHH zip sleeve Bootlegger. What style in this hide would you recommend Carrie..??
    HD

3. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

A Battered Tan Teamster or a Maxwell would round out the variety of styles you already have! The Sheene is a good one as well, but it is pretty similar to the Highwayman. We're slowly collecting photos that show this leather in a lot of different styles and it seems to work with just about anything!

Aero Maxwell Battered Tan FQHH front.jpg Aero A-1 Battered Tan FQHH 46 front.jpg Aero August Battered Tan FQHH VE9 front.jpg Aero Battered Tan CXL FQHH Cafe Racer front.jpg

4. Carrie..Thanks! I've decided on the Battered Tan FQHH teamster with herringbone tweed lining . Size 40 with 26 1/4 " sleeves. Wonder what the standard length of the jacket in a 40 is..??

triple-d likes this.
  5. MET

MET A-List Customer

Are those battered tan horse hides from Horween too?

triple-d likes this.
  6. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

My size 38 Teamster had a 27.5 inch backlength, another members size 38 Teamster had 28" backlength. So I guess a size 40 also has around 28" backlength or insignificantly more.. The style runs large btw, I am 5'9", 180 lbs, 40" chest and the size 38 Teamter with 23" pit to pit was a perfect fit.

7. ton312

ton312

If memory serves, the battered tan is not a Horween leather. It's tanned in Europe.

MET likes this.
  8. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

@carrie, which jacket is the button -up (picture Number 1?) I love the slanted pockets especially the top...

9. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

The standard back length on a size 40 is 28.5 inches. However, you can choose your lengths and we see a range from 28 inches up to 31 inches for the size 40. Shoot an email to sales@thurston-bros.com and we'll get you started!

We'll need to verify this...we were certain it was a Horween product, but now I'm second-guessing :p!

That's a Maxwell with a slanted chest pocket (standard is horizontal)!

Boyo likes this.
  10. ton312

ton312

I most certainly could be wrong. For some reason I feel I remember it coming from Europe but please do set the record straight!

11. tpschar

tpschar New in Town

From another thread:

12. ton312

ton312

Well done! I knew I read it somewhere!

13. GW KY

GW KY Practically Family

I love my battered tan teamster! Heavy hide, but not as stiff as cxl. Really cool battered effect is so unique.
    I got a custom highwayman in 38 for a very custom look, which I love, but my teamster is a 40 with a touch more body for layering and more of a winter jacket use.
    My combo of dark seal vicenza highwayman and battered tan teamster is perfect duo...Now maybe a hercules in red fox to finish the trio!!

14. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Aero Two-Tone Long Half Belt in Black and Dark Seal Vicenza...beautiful winter look with the red quilted lining!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Long Half Belt Two Tone Vicenza Horsehide red quilted lining.jpg Aero Long Half Belt Two Tone Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg Aero Long Half Belt Two Tone Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg Aero Long Half Belt Two Tone Vicenza Horsehide chest pocket.jpg Aero Long Half Belt Two Tone Vicenza Horsehide cuff.jpg Aero Long Half Belt Two Tone Vicenza Horsehide cargo pocket.jpg Aero Long Half Belt Two Tone Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  15. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Aero Teamster in Battered Seal FQHH with an amazing Harris Tweed lining! The Battered Seal is a more subtle look compared to its dramatic cousin, the Battered Tan FQHH. However, Battered Seal has a good deal of grain that will increase will just a little wear!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Teamster Battered Tan FQHH AE8 tag.jpg Aero Teamster Battered Tan FQHH AE8 Glenngarry Harris Tweed lining.jpg Aero Teamster Battered Tan FQHH AE8 front.jpg Aero Teamster Battered Tan FQHH AE8 back.jpg Aero Teamster Battered Tan FQHH AE8 action back.jpg

Guppy likes this.
  16. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Aero Cafe Racer for a local Seattle customer! Thick, stiff CXL FQHH with a stunning Tweedside tartan lining! If you'd like to get fitted for a custom Aero jacket, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your order. You can read more about this process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL FQHH JE1 front.jpg Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL FQHH JE1 Tweedside tartan lining.jpg Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL FQHH JE1 tag.jpg Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL FQHH JE1 chest pocket.jpg Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL FQHH JE1 back.jpg

17. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Oh that’s nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Insanely grainy Battered Seal Horsehide close-up photo from Aero's IG! This really shows how the treatment on the leather's texture highlights every detail on the surface.

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Battered Seal natural light photo.jpg

19. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Aero Motorcycle Jacket in Black CXL FQHH with a snap-off mouton collar! Brass hardware and a wine sateen lining pull together all the classic elements of the traditional riding jacket. We have a wide variety of biker styles available in different fits and leathers--contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to inquire about the options and get your custom order started! You can check out our custom and in-stock styles here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/biker-jackets

Aero Motorcycle Jacket Black CXL FQHH front.jpg Aero Motorcycle Jacket Black CXL FQHH fur collar.jpg Aero Motorcycle Jacket Black CXL FQHH wine sateen lining.jpg Aero Motorcycle Jacket Black CXL FQHH back.jpg

20. ton312

ton312

Excellent jacket!