Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Nathan Flowers, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Monitor

Monitor

Fantastic! Where are the sleeve zips? In the seam or on the top?

2. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros. Sponsoring Affiliate

The zips are underneath the sleeves, in the seam. The only style that comes with the zips on the top of the sleeve as standard is the Board Racer. However, a number of customers like the BR sleeve zip position and choose to specify it on their custom Cafe Racer, Ridley, Bootlegger, etc.!

Powerband and ton312 like this.
  3. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

Yes, exactly how I requested the sleeve-zippers on my custom Ridley in black Vicenza. Thanks a bunch for working with me, Carrie. Can’t wait for the March delivery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Vanson Mercury! This jacket style is similar to the Vanson Comet, but with a few detail changes. The standard body length of the Mercury is on the shorter side, just like the standard Comet, so customers will typically add length to their Mercury. This customer added a couple extra inches to the body and it looks amazing! If you'd like to start a custom Vanson order, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to get a fit jacket to verify your sizing. You can read more about our custom Vanson process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-vanson

Custom Vanson Mercury front.jpg Custom Vanson Mercury tag.jpg Custom Vanson Mercury quilted lining open.jpg Custom Vanson Mercury back.jpg

AeroFan_07, davyjones007, MET and 5 others like this.
  5. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

This post is going out to all our friends experiencing a late winter--a custom Aero ANJ-4 in Redskin shearling with Oil Pull horsehide trim! We have a few late winter shearling deliveries coming through production and apparently the weather is cooperating :eek:

Keep warm and stay safe out there!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero ANJ-4 Redskin with Oil Pull size 38 front.jpg Aero ANJ-4 Redskin with Oil Pull size 38 collar.jpg Aero ANJ-4 Redskin with Oil Pull size 38 cuff.jpg Aero ANJ-4 Redskin with Oil Pull size 38 pocket.jpg Aero ANJ-4 Redskin with Oil Pull size 38 open.jpg Aero ANJ-4 Redskin with Oil Pull size 38 tag.jpg Aero ANJ-4 Redskin with Oil Pull size 38 back.jpg

6. triple-d

triple-d A-List Customer

Carrie....do you have one of these in a 48 that fits like a 50?.......asking for a friend....

7. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Not at the moment...we are getting to the end of our in-stock shearling season. The shearling jackets coming through production right now are all custom made for customers.

We will be re-stocking on the shearling jackets this summer in preparation for the fall season! In the meantime, we can fit customers for any of the shearling jackets--it's nice to be ready when the cold weather rolls around again ;)

davyjones007 and triple-d like this.
  8. triple-d

triple-d A-List Customer

My friend will have to get on that next list......;)

ChiTownScion likes this.
  9. ChiTownScion

ChiTownScion Call Me a Cab

Simply beautiful!

10. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sweet custom Aero Half Belt Deluxe in Brown FQHH! This customer opted to switch out the standard cargo pockets for single handwarmers. If you'd like to get fitted for any of the Aero half belt designs, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom order! You can read more about our fit process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Half Belt Deluxe Brown FQHH VF3 front.jpg Aero Half Belt Deluxe Brown FQHH VF3 tag.jpg Aero Half Belt Deluxe Brown FQHH VF3 Lanark cotton lining.jpg Aero Half Belt Deluxe Brown FQHH VF3 back.jpg

davyjones007 likes this.
  11. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Hey Carrie! I'm curious about a leather I think you mentioned before something like "Black Tea" I think (man memories gettin' foggy with age). It's a black leather that fades to brown undertones as it ages? If I recall correctly (and am not totally off my nut) what leathers/styles does this come in? I'm thinkin' on a Black A2 this year and wonder what hides I can get it in.....

Thanks in advance....

Worf

12. Boyo

Boyo Call Me a Cab

@Worf -are you thinking about "Blackend Brown Vicenza HH"

Worf likes this.
  13. Jägernaut

Jägernaut Practically Family

Or tea core

Worf likes this.
  14. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

I think we have the wires crossed at "Blackened Brown" and "tea core" :D! We're offering Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide, which is Dark Seal Vicenza with a Black overdye. This is a very subtle color that will slowly fade at the edges (seams, cuff ends, elbows, rub points, etc.) to reveal the Dark Seal underneath. It would make for an incredible A-2!

El Marro and Worf like this.
  15. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

davyjones007 likes this.
  16. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

A HA! Thanks Boyo and Jager and of course the source of all knowledge..... Carrie! I knew I wasn't nuts... just confused. Thank you I'll go on the webbie and see what I can find.

Thanks all!

Worf

17. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

I am jealous.

Worf likes this.
  18. Thebuzzard

Thebuzzard One of the Regulars

Hey Carrie, is it still possible to get tea core horween hides?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

19. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Tea core is a japanese leather term...I don't think it applies exactly to any of the Horween leathers, though there are some CXL hides that come through that exhibit the "wear-through" effect more than others.

Thebuzzard and ton312 like this.
  20. Thebuzzard

Thebuzzard One of the Regulars

Ah right on, the more you know uh ;)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk