Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Superfluous,

I completely agree with everything you have said, now, in a reply to my post, and earlier in this thread. I understand where you're coming from - why did a certain company choose a certain type of leather is only within the knowledge of that company, and any other claim can only be a speculation. My post wasn't directed at you, or anyone specific for that matter, but rather at the said tradition that whenever Andy chimes in, regardless of the content of his contribution, there's always trouble to be had and some members tend to get rather hostile which so far, as far as I am concerned, has never been warranted.

Like I said earlier, Andy is proud of his product, and rightfully so. From what I hear and see online, BK makes very nice jackets and it is understandable that the man is proud of his work. It is also perfectly understandable that if he genuinely believes that his work surpasses in quality everything else the market has to offer, that he will insist everyone is aware of. That's okay, too. Problems appear, however, only because Andy is in the business - something he should be perhaps a bit more mindful, though - but then again it is sad that he basically cannot state his opinions on anything ever, because even though his thoughts about, say, Shinki may be just that, genuine business unrelated opinions, everything he says can be interpreted to be said with a motive. If it was any other member making such claims - as it often is the case - none of this would've happened. Bah, doesn't matter... I just dislike reading some of the meaner comments directed toward a really cool and contributing member of TFL.

As for this thread, Sloan's post reminded me of something that I am having trouble understanding; is this another Insurrection/Thruston affiliated thread, or has it just gone so by chance? Just asking as I am merely interested, don't care either way - residing in Europe, I deal with Aero directly. Plus I enjoy looking at those beautiful leather samples and being aware of different options for my future purchases certainly is a good thing.

EDIT: As I was typing this, my question got answered. This isn't a vendor thread. And as far as hugging guys in leather jackets goes... a handshake will do, thank you. :D

Last edited:

devilish

A-List Customer
I'm bowing out of any discussion on full vs top grain in any thread. I don't want to add to any more bad atmosphere on TFL. I will be returning to this thread once I own my Vicenza piece.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Quelle surprise. And what would you do about it Sloane, I wonder. Whine to the moderators that your thread is for advertising only?

If I'm paying for the space then, yeah, schitzy. This is a form of advertorial and the advertiser will have a major say in its content, within reason. Having spoken to the mods about the idea behind these things when they first started, I'm pretty sure they'd agree. Maybe Andy can re-start his affiliate thread and whine about other makers on it if that's what he wants to do, after all it'll be his money and his space.

schitzo

Suspended
If I'm paying for the space then, yeah, schitzy. This is a form of advertorial and the advertiser will have a major say in its content, within reason. Having spoken to the mods about the idea behind these things when they first started, I'm pretty sure they'd agree. Maybe Andy can re-start his affiliate thread and whine about other makers on it if that's what he wants to do, after all it'll be his money and his space.

That's Mr Schitzo to you

Plumbline

One Too Many
Sloanie .. I don't think this is the Thurston Bros / Insurrection affiliate thread ( from the title) ..... I could be wrong ( I haven't had any direct interaction with the mods re. the affiliate thing) ... but that probably exempts it from the control !

Otter

One Too Many
..... And the usual cast of characters with their own agendas and feuds to follow. Little wonder that so many old names don't bother posting anymore.

On another note and unrelated I suspect the contract manufacturer system must be used by our friends Buzz Rickson. Small runs with limited sizes and when it is gone, it is gone.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
It's getting close to the end of the month... almost tempted to ask for a progress report but trying hard to be patient.

Over 600 lbs. of Full Grain Vegetable Tanned Vicenza Italian Horsehide is en route to Scotland, so not long now...

Fedora Italian Veg. Tanned.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm