Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This will be a fun jacket to wear this spring--Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket in Natural Vicenza! The Natural Vicenza starts out very light and will tan to a beautiful honey/light russet color. We've delivered a number of Natural Vicenza jackets since the fall, so we're looking forward to seeing some "after" photos in the coming years!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 Plockton Check Tweed wool lining.jpg
Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 front.jpg
Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 tag.jpg
Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 snap.jpg
Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 cuff.jpg
Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 back.jpg
Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 yoke grain.jpg

barnabus

One Too Many
I love these natural hides, especially this Type III style. The knowledge that they'll age and evolve is awesome, but i think I'd feel very conspicuous in it for the first few months while it still blazed away in a fresh flesh tone. How quick do they start to change and pick up variation?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I love these natural hides, especially this Type III style. The knowledge that they'll age and evolve is awesome, but i think I'd feel very conspicuous in it for the first few months while it still blazed away in a fresh flesh tone. How quick do they start to change and pick up variation?

Hi barnabus,

The Natural Vicenza tans very, very quickly...in only 12 hours, the leather tans significantly. After that, the Natural Vicenza tans a bit, but not much. In short, you definitely won't have to wait months for cool patina and color variation to show up...within one day of wear, you'll definitely begin to see significant changes to the Natural Vicenza.

Below is the Natural Vicenza with 24 hours of sun exposure--

Natural Vicenza 24 Hours.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero Board Racer made in the new Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide! This is a beautiful color that will only get more interesting with lots of wear! The final photo shows this Blackened Brown Board Racer (on right) next to a standard Black Vicenza Board Racer for comparison.

We have Board Racers in stock in sizes 34-46 and ready to use for custom fittings. Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve your fit jacket and start your custom Aero order! You can read more about our Aero jacket process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide chest pocket.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide brown cotton drill.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide sleeve zip.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg
Indoors--Black and Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just shipped this custom Aero Ridley in Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide off to its new owner in New Jersey! We made a custom snap-off fur collar in Dark Brown mouton...perfect compliment to the Dark Seal Vicenza! If you'd like to get fitted for an Aero Ridley, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom order. You can read more about our fit jacket process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Ridley Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide S3 size 38 fur collar front.jpg
Aero Ridley Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide S3 size 38 fur collar tag.jpg
Aero Ridley Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide S3 size 38 front.jpg
Aero Ridley Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide S3 size 38 tag.jpg
Aero Ridley Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide S3 size 38 fur collar chest pocket.jpg
Aero Ridley Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide S3 size 38 fur collar olive sateen lining.jpg
Aero Ridley Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide S3 size 38 fur collar back.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Owning a Thunder Bay in FQHH, I'm not sure how to take one in a lighter weight hide? When I put on my T.B. I feel like I'm suited up for battle, rain, snow, sleet, hail... throw it at me nothin's gettin' through that baby. In Vicenza? I don't know just doesn't feel "right".

Worf

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Owning a Thunder Bay in FQHH, I'm not sure how to take one in a lighter weight hide? When I put on my T.B. I feel like I'm suited up for battle, rain, snow, sleet, hail... throw it at me nothin's gettin' through that baby. In Vicenza? I don't know just doesn't feel "right".

Worf

There are advantages to the CXL and the Vicenza, to be sure. However, the Vicenza pairs with the Thunderbay design exceptionally well. The lighter shell with the heavy shearling liner is heaven...the Vicenza Thunderbay has the warmth and weight of Aero's sheepskin military designs, but with civilian motorcycle styling!

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's something new to consider--the Aero Speedy Dustbowl, named for it's Speedway front and Dustbowl back! The jacket's front panels gently slope downward while maintaining the incredible Dustbowl back. The Speedy Dustbowl's rear gussets are sewn down. We just listed this jacket on our Featured Stock page--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock

Aero Dustbowl Speedway Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide Dornoch Check Tweed wool lining.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Speedway Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Speedway Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Speedway Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide chest pocket.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Speedway Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide bottom hem.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Speedway Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Speedway Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide side strap.jpg

Aero Dustbowl Speedway Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide Dornoch Check Tweed wool lining.jpg

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
There are advantages to the CXL and the Vicenza, to be sure. However, the Vicenza pairs with the Thunderbay design exceptionally well. The lighter shell with the heavy shearling liner is heaven...the Vicenza Thunderbay has the warmth and weight of Aero's sheepskin military designs, but with civilian motorcycle styling!

Welp, you're one of the few folks in this business I'd take at her word. Of course it'd take me 3 lifetimes to wear out my current Thunder Bay so I don't know if I'll be able to personally put your theory to the test.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ