Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Superfluous, May 20, 2014.

1. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros. Sponsoring Affiliate

Wow! That looks awesome on you! :cool:

Bukowski likes this.
  2. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Aero Board Racer in Blue Vicenza! Our new lighting captures the color a bit more accurately (at least on our computer monitor :p). This is a very 1960s blue from the heyday of ABC, Bates and British Cycle! The Capercaillie tartan and the light tan stitching compliment each other well.

If you'd like to put together your own custom combination, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to start your Aero order! You can learn more about our fit jacket process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Board Racer Blue Vicenza Horsehide KV8 front.jpg Aero Board Racer Blue Vicenza Horsehide KV8 Capercaillie tartan lining.jpg Aero Board Racer Blue Vicenza Horsehide KV8 back.jpg Aero Board Racer Blue Vicenza Horsehide KV8 tag.jpg Aero Board Racer Blue Vicenza Horsehide KV8 chest pocket.jpg

sweetfights, Acererak, dan_t and 8 others like this.
  3. barnabus

barnabus Practically Family

I think that's one of the nicest jackets I've ever seen. The blue is flat-out awesome.

4. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Can confirm. Lighting brings out the most accurate capture of that blue. Love this jacket! Navy board racer is one I wear the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

Absolutely gorgeous. On my monitor, these pictures are definitely more representative of the blue Vicenza than pictures in the past, although these pictures show a shade of violet which wasn’t my observation with a recent fit-jacket you sent to me. The color in these pictures—at least on MY monitor—contains a violet hue. In real life, there was not as much of a violet hue but more of a mixture of dark blue and gray, making it a wonderfully *cool* (as in temperature) color of steel blue.

The blue Vicenza is surprisingly more versatile than I had imagined, and could have easily gone with nearly any outfit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Aero Maxwell, size 46, in Seal Vicenza Horsehide with the stunning Drummond of Strathallen Ancient tartan lining! The Maxwell is an easy button-up style that has a similar cut to the 1930s Half Belt. Check it out here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/products/aero-maxwell

Aero Maxwell Seal Vicenza Horsehide Drummond of Strathallen Ancient tartan lining.jpg Aero Maxwell Seal Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg Aero Maxwell Seal Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg Aero Maxwell Seal Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg

handymike, seres and tpschar like this.
  7. tpschar

tpschar New in Town

Bukowski, handymike, jonesy86 and 2 others like this.
  8. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing more pics when you receive it

9. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Aero Aeromarine in Black Vicenza Horsehide with the Cheviot Check cotton lining--perfect for the milder temps that are (hopefully) here for the spring! If you'd like to get fitted for the Aeromarine or any other Aero style, please contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to start your order! You can read more about our fit process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Aeromarine Black Vicenza Horsehide XE8 front.jpg Aero Aeromarine Black Vicenza Horsehide XE8 tag.jpg Aero Aeromarine Black Vicenza Horsehide XE8 bottom hem.jpg Aero Aeromarine Black Vicenza Horsehide XE8 Cheviot Check cotton lining.jpg Aero Aeromarine Black Vicenza Horsehide XE8 back.jpg Aero Aeromarine Black Vicenza Horsehide XE8 side strap.jpg

Sloan1874 and ton312 like this.
  10. ton312

ton312

The slash handwarmers are so nice on this jacket.

11. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

That is a great looking Aeromarine!

12. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

This has become a very popular modification on custom Aeromarine orders!

13. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Custom Aero Ridley in Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide for a customer here in Seattle! We're back to a chilly, wet forecast here in the PNW--send your leather jackets for break-in :eek:! Or plan your summer-to-fall custom jacket.

We also have lots of interesting new stock on the way, so stay tuned to our Featured Stock page for the details--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock

Aero Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide HB1 front.jpg Aero Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide HB1 tag.jpg Aero Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide HB1 chest pocket.jpg Aero Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide HB1 D-pocket detail.jpg Aero Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide HB1 brown cotton drill lining.jpg Aero Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide HB1 back.jpg Aero Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide HB1 shoulder gusset.jpg

14. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

15. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

2wheelgrplr, Dav, dan_t and 3 others like this.
  16. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Wow, this one’s a stunner Carrie. Loving the clean lines throughout the back.

17. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

handymike likes this.
  18. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

19. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Just shipped this amazing jacket off to NY! Custom Aero Ridley in Black Vicenza Horsehide with snap-off Rust Mouton collar. The snap-off fur collar is custom made by Thurston once the jacket finishes production. We offer this option for the Aero Ridley and other Aero crosszip styles!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Rust fur collar front.jpg Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Rust fur collar tag.jpg Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Rust fur collar chest pocket.jpg Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Rust fur collar back.jpg Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Rust fur collar side straps.jpg Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Rust fur collar front 2.jpg

20. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.