Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

OlGi

New in Town
16393131634147337948679049218649.jpg

hjv2

Familiar Face
^ Definitely not Black Vicenza as it has a black base color (dyed through). Could be the Blackened Brown Vic or Jerky Horsehide.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Quick question to the experts: is there a way to determine whether a vicenza is black or blackened brown?
I bought a second-hand aeromarine and would like to know what exact leather it is.
In the button holes, one can see the leather is not dyed through, but I have not experience with Vic.

^ Definitely not Black Vicenza as it has a black base color (dyed through). Could be the Blackened Brown Vic or Jerky Horsehide.

It is not Jerky HH. That i know.

Hi guys!

This is a Seal Jerky Horsehide jacket. The button holes show the classic light reddish-brown core of the Jerky Horsehide. The Jerky also has a shinier finish compared to the Vicenza. The Seal color is very dark and can look black in some lighting. There is a slight chance that this is Black, but you would need to see the original spec sheet to confirm.

OlGi

New in Town
Dear Carrie, thanks a lot and @hjv2 my apologies for my negative answer. Seems you were totally right. The seller told me he thinks it is Vic. In the end it doesn't matter too much, I asked rather out of interest to understand the differences.
In real light the jacket is full black though.

hjv2

Familiar Face
^ No worries mate. It's a good looking hide nevertheless and by no means lesser quality than a Vicenza.

OlGi

New in Town
The leather is actually black in normal light and has no brown tone whatsoever. It just appears a bit brown on the phone pic. Seal Jerky would be dark brown, right?

hjv2

Familiar Face
^ Black Jerky is a "teacore" leather with a light brown base color so it might just be it. Seal is dark brown yes but the darkness shade can vary between batches.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We just listed this stunning Aero D-Pocket Ridley in Blackened Brown Vicenza with a Minto Check Tweed lightweight Lochcarron wool lining! We've been re-stocking our most popular styles and sizes in a variety of leathers. Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to see what is coming in and get your jacket reserved for either an easy off-the-rack purchase or a fit jacket for your custom order!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock

Aero Ridley D-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide SC7 front.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide SC7 Minto Check Tweed lining.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide SC7 back.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide SC7 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide SC7 sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide SC7 name tag.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide SC7 belt buckle.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide SC7 yoke.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This reminds me of the time a guy was seriously trying to argue with me that the D-Pocket is an almost unheard-of configuration of the Ridley, then went quiet after I linked 6 that had recently been posted on the site.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This reminds me of the time a guy was seriously trying to argue with me that the D-Pocket is an almost unheard-of configuration of the Ridley, then went quiet after I linked 6 that had recently been posted on the site.

How funny--we usually see the opposite! Many people don't know about the other versions of the Ridley (like the original Three-Pocket) and assume the D-Pocket is the only Ridley style. Time work on our in-stock Ridley game :)

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We continue our run of featuring Blackened Brown Vicenza Aero jackets! This Ridley is our Three-Pocket version with a one-piece back and curved kidney panel. This is just one version of the Ridley that is available for stock and custom orders! When you are ready to start your custom Aero order, contact us to reserve a fit jacket and claim your spot in the production queue--

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza front.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza Minto Check Tweed lining.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza back.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza tag.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza zip sleeve.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza handwarmer.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza bottom hem.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza name tag.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza upper back.jpg
Aero Three-Pocket Ridley Blackened Brown Vicenza lower back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We are highlighting our Women's Stock Jacket page today with a new listing of an Aero Women's Hooch Hauler! In addition to a number of women's styles from Aero, we carry the Vanson Villainess cafe racer and the Women's Portland. Check out our in-stock women's selection here--

Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ front.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ Stewart of Appin Hunting Ancient tartan lining.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ back.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ chest pocket.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ button cuff.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ handwarmer.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ tag.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ side cinch.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ name tag.jpg
Aero Women's Hooch Hauler Dark Seal Vicenza 1FZ yoke.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
A perfect shade of blue! Blue Vicenza Aero 557XX Jean Jacket with a Troy blanket lining and nickel snaps. We keep the 557XX in stock in sizes 38-44, but there's so much more available through our custom ordering process! If you'd like to get fitted for a custom 557XX or any other Aero style, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to use our easy fit jacket process--

Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 front.jpg
Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 Troy blanket lining.jpg
Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 back.jpg
Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 tag.jpg
Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 chest pocket.jpg
Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 cuff.jpg
Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 yoke.jpg
Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 name tag.jpg
Aero 557XX Jean Jacket Type 3 Blue Vicenza VT6 hem adjuster.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members