Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tilley Fedora...Replaced for free

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Tilley-FedoraPage.jpg

Fur felt fedora...

I'm told they will be out in Oct in both colors...Retail price $125.00.

What do you think...?:)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I say, the more hats on the market, the better. This is probably the direction the classic fedora would have evolved toward if people had continued to wear them. I am rather glad that Golden Age enthusiasts have frozen the styles in time. But, with more hats out there, the less they'll look odd to the public at large, or small. ;)

It's not for me though. I am perfectly happy with the classics. :)

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
did you notice the optional equipment, though ???

It has a secret pocket for "stuff"...

Earlier this year somebody asked about what do you wear in real cold weather....did you notice the ear warmers :eek:

and what about that guarantee...if you lose it or wear it out, it is replaced FREE !!!! dang thing sound like a Zippo lighter of a Cross Pen....

Maybe it is not as vintage as some, however, it looks like an Akubra to me...

I may prefer my Tucker over it, but I think it has a shot if they put it out there correctly.

mark the shoeshine boy

Aaron Hats

Vendor
jamespowers said:
Ok, that begs the other question: What if it shrinks, tapers, the felt cracks or won't hold water better than a collander? Do they reblock it free too? Just asking.

Simple...they replace it free of charge.

I haven't seen this new hat but I've been selling Tilley hats since we opened. There is no hat company that stands behind their product even close to Tilley. I'm anxious to put my hands on these.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
well then howdy neighbor...i live in Missouri too....

If these had a beer opener and would come in your favorite teams colors, maybe the cap wearers would buy them....nah...

but i think this will be a good alternative to a winter fedora for those of us who likes to wears them....

I believe of what i hear about tilley, they really do stand behind each and every product they make...even thier travel socks...

mark tssb

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Aaron Hats said:
Simple...they replace it free of charge.

I haven't seen this new hat but I've been selling Tilley hats since we opened. There is no hat company that stands behind their product even close to Tilley. I'm anxious to put my hands on these.

I've got to say I like my tilley hat for hiking etc., it's not very stylish but does the job. Also, their customer service is second to non, I recently bought one of their blazer style travel jackets and had a problem with the sizing being marked wrong - they fell over themselves to sort it out. I've been working in retail for over 10 years and they do stand by their products!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112