Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Time to Buy Some Jackets (or Gold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Major drops in the exchange rate, and their still counting votes. And just think what might happen come Nov (especially, in light of this latest referendum) :eek::eek::eek: time to buy is now!

What a crazy world we're living in :(:(

Ok, enough politics- I ain't trying to start trouble I swear

garzo

One of the Regulars
I'm wondering if Aero jackets to Germany and the rest of the EU will still be duty free. EU officials have said the UK would not remain in the free trade zone if it leaves the EU. It's still a two-year wait and Parliament can still reject the referendum results, although that's probably unlikely. Scotland and Northern Ireland voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU. Would be nice if they could work out their own membership deals -- otherwise Aero jacket prices are going to go up considerably this side of the channel.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
otherwise Aero jacket prices are going to go up considerably this side of the channel.
I'm really wondering:
(a) what will happen with Scotland: will they remain in the UK and outside EU;
(b) the british pound is in free fall compared to, especially, the US $. I guess it will be more expensive for Aero and the rest UK leather manufacturers to by their hides from Horween.

Ralph Chen

Familiar Face
Pretty bad news for those who wanna buy stuff from Japan ..Real McCoy...not only the price tag increase this year but also Japanese yen has appreciated 20% this year. :(

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think things will need some time to calm down now and let the markets settle. It'll be a bit Wacky Races for the next couple of weeks, things may change and you can't tell what will happen next, but I don't think you can make any judgement about anything today.

Hal

Practically Family
I think things will need some time to calm down now and let the markets settle. It'll be a bit Wacky Races for the next couple of weeks, things may change and you can't tell what will happen next, but I don't think you can make any judgement about anything today.
This is right, but it could be the beginning of the end of the United Kingdom for, as Harris HTM says, Scotland wants to stay in the EU and might well try to regain its own independence in order to achieve this end.

Hal

Practically Family
Scotland rejected independence in 2015, but only once. Independence was not on offer in 1997 (leading to the establishment of the Holyrood Parliament in 1999).
But of course, it's best for things to calm down before any other major change is considered.

wdw

One Too Many
OK, Hal. I thought there was a referendum in the 80s or 90s, but I must have confused it. They do seem to go on forever, though.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
OK, Hal. I thought there was a referendum in the 80s or 90s, but I must have confused it. They do seem to go on forever, though.

You're thinking of the devolution settlement. But that was a very different beast, tbh. There are all sorts of different issues involved here. In all seriously, this could take a decade and look nothing like what people are talking about at the moment. I'm currently letting it wash over me as it's all hyperbole, grandstanding and positioning.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I notice that Drifter productions is selling new BK and ELC jackets on his eBay website, which is rather interesting for anyone wanting to avoid the wait...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, Aren't the concerns that the pound will drop vs other currencies? Making Aero jackets cheaper for us foreigners.

wdw

One Too Many
Yes, Aren't the concerns that the pound will drop vs other currencies? Making Aero jackets cheaper for us foreigners.
I wouldn't be surprised if the pound is back near where it was by the time Aero charge for your jacket, so the thing to do would be to pay upfront, asap, to lock the low price in. I don't see why Aero wouldn't be amenable to that, as it's cash flow for them.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
UK is apparently the fifth largest economy in the world, so rest assured the pound will be back at some point once the dust settles and the whiny privileged millennials commit mass suicide. Americans should take advantage of the favourable exchange rate while it lasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider