Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Titanic inspired attire and decor

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
I have this one. I have the "Heart Of The Ocean" and need something appropiate to wear with it.

Hmmm, well that would be your birthday suit! ;) Or this,
http://www.titanicmoviecollection.homestead.com/JPetermanTitanicKimono.html
She has pretty much all of the gowns if you click HOME.

I have a kimono but it's not sheer. Need to get some pics. I also have a long curly red wig and I was thinking how halarious it would be to put my hubby in the kimono with wig and HOTO necklace, lol!

Nikki

missmelly

One of the Regulars
Pictures...

I finally took pictures of our room. I put them together as a slide show along with our "inspiration" pictures from the Titanic & Olympic. You can view then here: http://missmelly.magix.net/ under the album 1st class smoking room.
Thank you all for the lovely compliments.
Cheers!
;)
.:Miss Melly:.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Nikki, Thank you for all that information. I really like the things I make to be as authentic to the original as possible. So I would be unhappy with it being too full. I'm going to look for the Vogue pattern you suggested. I would like to get it done for Halloween but I'm busy with a brocade sarong I need for the "Rat Pack" show August 1st and then I go to Australia for 3 weeks 10 days after that. I know that still leaves me two months so I'll have to see what I can do. Did you hand bead yours?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Glad to help Goldwyn! Can't wait to see your gown!
The only "beading" I did was sew on the strip of beads around the bust and bottom of the dress. The rest is just a glitter pattern from the "prom dress" designer. The faviana dress I have has tight caviar beading but looks pretty real.
And my apologies, the dress I wore to Branson is NOT the Faviana, it's the Morgan and Co! Sorry! :eusa_doh:

Miss Melly your room is gorgeous! Love the rich color and furnishings. The ceiling "medalian" is awesome. Thanks for the reminder, as I've been wanting to add one of those Titanic bells to my collection! Neat slideshow with music and all! You need a pic of your hub in his Edwardian attire in front of the mantel like Thomas Andrews! ;)
Nice smoke stand and liquor cab too!
Thanks for sharing!

Nikki

missmelly

One of the Regulars
Thanks Nikki & Goldwyn!
My hubby and I really worked hard on trying to get the feel of a masculine room, looking for furnishings and then trying to fit it all in our small budget. The room started out white with no mouldings or light fixtures; it was the way my husband lived...BORING! Now that he knows the meaning of wall sconce, we have redone every room in the house minus the kitchen in a different theme. We've done most of the work ourselves but luckily have his brother and my dad to help. We're about to undergo the kitchen renovation and have called in contractors for help.
We still add to the room and I really want to rip up the light gray carpet and put something else more appropriate to the theme in that room. One day.
.:Miss Melly:.:)

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
White Star Line decor relics

It has been mentioned in the Lounge before, but just to reiterate that the White Swan Hotel in Alnwick, Northumberland, has a lounge that features many fittings from the Olympic, the Titanic's sister ship, which was scrapped in Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 1935. The wood panelling, ceiling and fittings from the First Class Lounge can now be seen in the Hotel's 'Olympic Suite' and the Second Class staircase now leads up to the first floor. The revolving door from the First Class Lounge now forms part of the main entrance.

There are detail differences between the Olympic's fixtures and fittings and the Titanic's, but they are similar enough to give an idea of what the liner would have been like.

Well worth a visit if you're in that part of England - one could even include Paddy in one's itinerary...

Alan

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oharis, just beautiful work! I know how much hard work it can be, so my hat goes off to you! Stunning! I think that truly is your time period!

Cobden

Practically Family
Sorry for the wait; only just got this done. Insignia's all wrong for the Titanic, but the clothings pretty much the same.

Hat 1950's British Railways, trousers 1940's Royal Navy, frock coat, 1910's Royal Navy

navy003.jpg

Yes, I know. I need a haircut!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Cobden, I am sorry I am just seeing this reply! You look very dapper! :eusa_clap How fun to have those pieces!
Nikki

Harritah

New in Town
Looking for a Titanic JPG or two...

Greetings from the soggy NW - Seattle!

I belong to a historical costuming group based here in Seattle called, "Somewhere in Time, Unlimited." In February, we will be holding a large Winter Ball called Titanic.

I am looking to you folks in case anyone attended one of the Titanic showings and took a good, straight-on photo of the Grand Staircase (or something similar of good quality), that I have permission to blow up large and use as the backdrop to pose people and take their picture. If you have held a Titanic event yourself, I'd be interested in hearing what you did and what kind of props you used as well.

Should you be interested in viewing our website, feel free to do so under:
www.CostumingInSeattle.com

You may email me directly off-list if you prefer: Rita "at" SITUSeattle.com

Happy Holiday Greetings.... Rita in Seattle:)

Cleery

New in Town
Hi,

I'm quite new here, but I wanted to share my 1910s tea dress, made for me from a Sensibility pattern. I'm a librarian, and I had it made for a tea party with the kids. (It was a great excuse ;) I'm sitting in front of our library mural here.

TeaPartyPics020-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR