Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To MK

WEEGEE

Practically Family
As you do...

'Leadership, is not about getting people to follow you. It's about getting people to want to join you." Marv Levy

Thank You

(To be clear this was a post in support of the ban on politcs in the Lounge )

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
WEEGEE said:
As you do...

'Leadership, is not about getting people to follow you. It's about getting people to want to join you." Marv Levy

Thank You

(To be clear this was a post in support of the ban on politcs in the Lounge )
And THIS is a post in support of Marv Levy AND the ban!

"Unconscionable!" - Marv to a ref after a bad call.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
MK and the other bartenders have worked very hard to preserve the unique character of the Lounge and have enforced an across-the-board code of mutual respect towards everyone here...even towards those who, through their own actions and words, have failed to return the courtesy. We're allowed to participate here on someone else's dime. When you come into my house, you respect my rules whether you agree with them or not. If you can't, enjoy the view from the curb and the company of your own opinions.

I've commended MK and the bartenders privately...I'm proud to do so publicly. Well done!

S

Samsa

I'll add my voice in support of the ban.:eusa_clap I had found myself getting drawn into debates I didn't really care to join, and being, at times, less courteous than the Lounge's high standards demand.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Well, I'm glad that's sorted out! :p

Thank you MK and all Bartenders for everything you're doing. I signed up to the FL for the respect and decorum I realised were apparent while I was in my "lurking" phase. For what it's worth you have my support. Thank you.:)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Samsa said:
I'll add my voice in support of the ban.:eusa_clap I had found myself getting drawn into debates I didn't really care to join, and being, at times, less courteous than the Lounge's high standards demand.

The same thing has happened to me, too, on other sites.

I've found it a good practice to avoid saying anything online that I wouldn't say in person.

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
True, There are a Multitude of Sites for Political Discourse. But...

We, who are regulars here, know each other in so very many ways far removed from our social and political outlooks and views.

I garner nothing of real value posting on a site where I'm unknown and have no inkling of what the other posters are about.

An important election is a month away. Issues abound.

I am in total disagreement with the decision to ban political discussion on this site.

Well, i'd much rather see political talk banned than the OB closed. There's much more than politics in the OB, and stuff that simply doesn't fit in anywhere else.

(if i've inadventently posted on politics before i saw the announcement of the ban - about 1 minute ago - please forgive)

bk

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
THE OBSERVATION BAR

I belong to some other web site where both Politics & Religion postings are taboo. :eusa_clap

Lately I've seen numerous topic threads here at the FL/OB that should be
nobody's business :rage: :eek:fftopic:

SC

PS I like to visit the FL to chat vintage not talk about peoples PRIVATE business!!!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
The only thing that I've ever learned from reading posts that champion partisan politics on either side of aisle is that the world is comprised of two distinct sets of people: the enlightened (those who think like me) and the uninformed (those who don't.) This is where these posts inevitably lead. We can agree to disagree about the appropriateness of the ban, but it's in effect and fair warning has been given ad nauseum.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Johnnysan said:
The only thing that I've ever learned from reading posts that champion partisan politics on either side of aisle is that the world is comprised of two distinct sets of people: the enlightened (those who think like me) and the uninformed (those who don't.)

Depends on one's definition of enlightened.lol It's all about Autosuggestion anyway.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
The ban was a great move. If you're not here to talk about stuff related to vintage lifestyles, you're probably in the wrong place anyway. We are constantly bombarded with politics in the real world. This place is an escape from all that. Leave it out there.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations to MK and the Bartenders for doing such a great job in maintaining the lounge as the fun place it is. I can understand why political discussion has been banned and support them 100%. Mind you, I've never understood Aussie politics much less American politics, so it was all confusing to me! lol

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
2 months out...

...and there's still some acrimony here and there. Is it possible that politics has just gone undercover? Been channeled into views on religion, culture, society?

And what do we think of that? This is a group of strong individualists with strong feelings and beliefs. Some of it, somewhere, is going to surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk