Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To Whippet, or not to Whippet... THAT is the question.

Captain O

One of the Regulars
Since I decided that I need two more hats to round out my current collection (temporarily, of course), I have been vacillating back-and-forth between the Stetson Chatham or Whippet. I know that I'll buy another Derby, but I want a "teardrop" crowned fedora for a "go-to" daily hat. Indecision is an awful thing.

Suggestions/opinions?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I vote neither

as I stated in a thread earlier this week

There is place for questions like this
For future reference
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ask-a-question-get-an-answer.41576/

in my opinion if you are not purchasing one of Stetsons open crown modern offerings you are wasting your money... and even those are not great

Those hats you mention are pretty much the equivalent of costume hats...the quality is just awful ... my sincere apologies if that sounds harsh ... but I've handled these things... I would even go Akubra over modern Stetson ... and I'm no Akubra lover

but if you are really looking for a "go to" everyday wearer my advice would be to save a few more pennies and commission one of the many fine hatters here for something custom.

... or take a deeper search and find something made back when hats were made well and the competition between companies kept the materials quality high and craftsmanship sharp

I vote neither

For future reference

in my opinion if you are not purchasing one of Stetsons open crown modern offerings you are wasting your money... and even those are not great

Those hats you mention are pretty much the equivalent of costume hats...the quality is just awful ... my sincere apologies if that sounds harsh ... but I've handled these things... I would even go Akubra over modern Stetson ... and I'm no Akubra lover

but if you are really looking for a "go to" everyday wearer my advice would be to save a few more pennies and commission one of the many fine hatters here for something custom.

... or take a deeper search and find something made back when hats were made well and the competition between companies kept the materials quality high and craftsmanship sharp

You have a macro for that answer, right? [emoji4]

Alt-F4?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I vote neither

For future reference

+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto