Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too gross to thrift?

Mulceber

Practically Family
Wait, so skin and hair are gross? I think that makes the whole human race gross. As for the bacteria, it can't live for that long without a human host, and I'm more or less indifferent to sweat. Bring on those vintage hats!

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Used vintage hats are fine with me - but I'd never put a visibly used hat on my head without sanitizing it first.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I do much of what gtdean does,
All Caps, Hats & Vintage Clothing regardless of looking clean get a quarantine in the freezer for a few days.
some stuff gets a blast of Lysol & then Clothing gets to the dry cleaners or hand wash with Woolite.
I do this before brushing hats just to keep the brushes from spreading stuff.
useually the stuff is just very dusty.
Ive been wearing vintage all my life & by this intro never had any problems such as critters , cooties from diamonds in the rough.

Mulceber

Practically Family
I use anti-bacterial wipes, the kind that come in first aid kits, to wipe down liners & sweatbands of used lids I buy.
Some put them in the freezer for a few days to eliminate critters...

Good idea - thinking on it again, I suppose you can't be too careful. That said, I'm not overly-worried. -M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana