Trade Perfecto’s?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Peter Suzuki, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Peter Suzuki

Peter Suzuki New in Town

I have an amazing condition 1991 618 size 40. I’m looking to trade it for a similar condition 618 possibly 118 in size 38.

Attached Files:

Jin431 likes this.
  2. Edward

Edward Bartender

If you're looking for a late 80s / definitely post 1990s jacket and you want a size smaller than your current 618, you might be best off looking for a 36 in a 118. Since that point in time, the basic pattern on both is the same, but the shell of a 118 is always one size bigger than the shell of a 618, thus a 42 in a 118 is equivalent to a 44 in a 618, a 40 a 42, a 38 a 40, and a 36 a 38. I.e. if the object is to size down one size, exchanging a 618 in a 40 for a 118 in a 38 will give you exactly the same size jacket nowadays - though of course the leather will be different.

photo2u and Peter Suzuki like this.
  3. Peter Suzuki

Peter Suzuki New in Town

:: Awesome, thanks. Do you know if the sleeve length is shorter? I’m also finding Perfecto sleeves too long for me.

4. Aloysius

Aloysius A-List Customer

Are you sure? It's entirely possible that you're just not used to the length of rider jacket sleeves.

5. Edward

Edward Bartender

If memory serves, the 118 is technically longer, but only by the sort of half inch that you'd never notice / is within the tolerance for any jacket in heavy leather anyhow. TBH, though, this is the first time I've heard of anyone finding a Schott sleeve too long: the more regular complaint is that they are on the short side.

6. Peter Suzuki

Peter Suzuki New in Town

:: Well I’m pretty short that’s the main reason. 111BCDFE-B47F-432A-AB12-21AC2B8A3A20.jpeg

7. Aloysius

Aloysius A-List Customer

That is normal rider length.