Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Schott Horsehide Cafe Racer CM1 (L)

This jacket is without any doubt the best I've ever seen from Schott - Better than mostly anything else I've had, for that matter. Heavy black Italian horsehide. Vanson grade hide. Really tough and weatherproof. Best pattern on the market. Hourglass shaped, very trim fitting. Nothing Schott ever did or does is nearly as trim fitting and tapered. Long sleeves, shoulder gussets, two chest and one inside pockets, super heavy YKK main zipper, etc., etc.

So, if you're interested, let me know. If not, that's fine, too.

IMG_20180310_123314.jpg

IMG_20180310_123439.jpg

IMG_20180310_123430.jpg

IMG_20180310_123456.jpg

I don't know, I rather be prepared if the South really rises again. :3 Lol no problem and yep, it is a really, really beautiful jacket.

It looks the business. Any idea how much it weighs? And how long is that mother?

Decent weight, I think it's around 6 lbs. The hide is really thick. And yeah, you're right, forgot the measurements...

P2P (chest): 23" / 58 cm
Waist: 19.5" / 50 cm
Bottom hem: 21.5" / 54 cm
Shoulders: 18.5" / 48 cm
Sleeve length: 27" / 68 cm
Back length: 26" / 66 cm

Acererak

One of the Regulars
I’ve got a Simmons Bilt Roadster in Horween Bison. Size 44 but it fits more like a 42, due to the thickness of the hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

marmalademan

Banned
I've got the russet buffalo halfbelt that you've seen.. though I don't think those are on your radar.

How tall are you btw?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I'd talk to Acerak if I was you. That jacket he offers is one of formerly mine and that bison is one of my all-time favourite hides. Jacket is lined in nice and cozy moleskin too. I wish I hadn't been so stupid and bought the jacket in the right size. Now SB doesn't have any bison left...

Kuro

Practically Family
I came back a second time to say that is a nice jacket, again. I would trade with you if I did not have my Aero BR.

Why do they not make a cross zip like this? Probably have no choice but to have a custom Aero Ridley made for myself in the future...

GLWT!

I came back a second time to say that is a nice jacket, again. I would trade with you if I did not have my Aero BR.

Why do they not make a cross zip like this? Probably have no choice but to have a custom Aero Ridley made for myself in the future...

GLWT!

If I remember right, they actually did make a CR in this red/black HH combo but can't remember which one it was for the life of me right now... All I know is that it looked really sweet.

I’ve got a Simmons Bilt Roadster in Horween Bison. Size 44 but it fits more like a 42, due to the thickness of the hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd talk to Acerak if I was you. That jacket he offers is one of formerly mine and that bison is one of my all-time favourite hides. Jacket is lined in nice and cozy moleskin too. I wish I hadn't been so stupid and bought the jacket in the right size. Now SB doesn't have any bison left...

Gorgeous jacket but at 61cm chest, it'd be much too large. Plus I've already had two HWM jackets already - both of which I sold because they were too large - so the trade wouldn't be all that fun to me. Smart, sure but not as fun. But it's an absolutely stunning jacket.

I've got the russet buffalo halfbelt that you've seen.. though I don't think those are on your radar.

How tall are you btw?

I actually thought about it yesterday but eventually I'd just come to a realization that the jacket is too large and long. I really dig short jackets, part of the reason why I'm looking to trade this one in.

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
That is a sick jacket. I'm sure you're gonna get a tonne of offers..

I have a size 42 Branded Garments CHP that is pretty chunky ~ 8lb with the liner, belt and mouton collar. I dont know if it's in the same league as that CR but I can put up some pics if you're interested?

That is a sick jacket. I'm sure you're gonna get a tonne of offers..

I have a size 42 Branded Garments CHP that is pretty chunky ~ 8lb with the liner, belt and mouton collar. I dont know if it's in the same league as that CR but I can put up some pics if you're interested?

Got some great offers but nothing that 100% works for me. Got some shabby ones, too. Someone offered me a Wilson in exchange. Their reasoning was that a second hand Schott CR's are $250. Right.

To put things into perspective, this jacket was $940 in 2011. That's more than what either Aero or Lewis Leathers or mostly anything else used to cost back then. Today, it would probably cost over 1.5K. Rightfully so because it really is a definition of a high end jacket. The hide it's made of is 2x heavier than on the 618 I had. And 2x nicer. I haven't handled a CR, new or old that I would deem a worthy replacement which is why I don't want to trade it for another CR. It'll be a step down.

That's why I want to trade it. Just want something that I'll wear. Doesn't need to be in nearly the same price range.

I'd like to see that Branded. I've recently sold one, fantastic jacket. I think a 42 will be a bit too large but still... I'm interested.

I’ve got a vanson trucker with your name on it!

If I didn't have one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto