Traded: Adam Executive 7-1/2 LO

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TheOldFashioned, Sep 14, 2019.

1. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned Practically Family

This is a recent acquisition from a local estate auction but is too large to fit my head. As such, I am currently entertaining trade offers only at this time. If a suitable trade is not proffered and agreed to this listing will be opened up for sale at some time on Tuesday, 09/17/19 (eastern USA).

And now the hat, an Adam Executive in size 7-1/2 long oval:
    IMG_20190827_161121357.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1506.JPG IMG_1504.JPG IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1557.JPG IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1621.JPG
    Specs:
    2-3/4" Brim
    5-3/4" Crown (open)
    1-11/16" Ribbon
    1/2" Brim Binding (symmetric)
    5.3oz Weight
    Beautiful hat in a medium brown color, with hints of chestnut in certain light. Overall condition is excellent. I have tried to identify a few very minor flaws as evidenced in the last two collage pictures. This consists of a slight rub spot, the shallowest of moth nibbles, and some verdigris marks which came from another hat in the lot. None of these detract from the hat in any way with regards to wearing as all are barely perceptible.

All in all this is a truly wonderful hat. I greatly wish it were my size as it is a showstopping piece. Alas, it is destined for someone else. Perhaps you? Look like an executive with this Adam Executive!

NewJack, Rmccamey and BobHufford like this.
  2. makitright

makitright One of the Regulars

What size are you looking for in the trade?

3. TheOldFashioned

Sorry, forgot to include this info again.

Size 7-1/4 or 7-3/8. My preference would be 50s or earlier felt fedora with a minimum 2.5" brim. Not limited to this, but definitely strong preference.

4. makitright

makitright One of the Regulars

Can you give me your preferred size - for the most part a 7 1/4 hat won't fit a 7 3/8 head very well - and vice versa.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    deadlyhandsome likes this.
  5. TheOldFashioned

To say that a 7-1/4 won't fit a 7-3/8 and vice versa may be true for a custom hat, or a hat brand new out of the box. That being said, I don't own a custom nor brand new hat. I only have vintage hats in my collection and I've found that 7-1/4 or 7-3/8 fit since the hats seem to evolve over their 60+ years of history. I have a Punti size 5 Borsalino, which translates to a size 7-1/8, that fits as well. Some would contend that Borsalino's tend to run small on the whole, so go figure.

Since we're splitting hairs it also depends on my hair length. When it's longer 7-3/8 on average tends to fit a little better. When it's freshly cut 7-1/4 on average tends to fit a little better. So I figure I'm in between sizes and go for 7-1/4 or 7-3/8 when I'm looking for vintage hats. If I absolutely had to pick one size, I'll say 7-1/4 since I get my hair cut a bit more frequent than I used to in the past.

6. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Hmmm. I regularly wear, and quite comfortably too, hats ranging from 7 1/2 long oval to 7 3/4. That’s three sizes (7 5/8 is in the middle). I have custom hats in two sizes that also fit quite well. Add in the odd Borsalino in sizes 7 7/8 to 8 that have also fit to perfection and I’ve given up on absolutes as far as what size hats will fit me. My measurements are 61.5cm long oval, but that only theoretically corresponds to a hat size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Kunja

Kunja Familiar Face

Man, if only this one fit me!

8. TheOldFashioned

It really is a beauty. I've put it aside in a separate room so I don't have to look at it and be tempted. I've tried talking myself into keeping it a couple times but it's just too loose. Someone will be getting a great hat.

NewJack and deadlyhandsome like this.
  9. TheOldFashioned

Trade pending

10. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Is it wrong for me to hope that the trade falls through? Someone’s getting a great hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M Hatman likes this.
  11. TheOldFashioned

TRADE AGREED

Thank you to everyone that expressed interest and offered a trade.

(Sorry Brent)

DOGMAN, M Hatman and deadlyhandsome like this.
  12. vincent stuart

vincent stuart New in Town