Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turn of the Century?

roselily

One of the Regulars
Does anyone here do Turn of the Century? I'm hoping to find a good source to either copy a gown of my great-grandmothers or a good source of ready-made reproductions...

crwritt

One Too Many
roselily said:
Does anyone here do Turn of the Century? I'm hoping to find a good source to either copy a gown of my great-grandmothers or a good source of ready-made reproductions...

Oh, you mean turn of the LAST century. We did just turn a new one.

roselily

One of the Regulars
Um. I don't think anyone's considering 2001 vintage. Yet.

I like some of the stuff at the link above, but I'm looking for more of the "s" shape lawn gowns...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I don't really know of anyone that's making reproductions of that era. Sorry! But that is one of my favorite eras as well :)

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
I know there is a company out there and I recntly stumbled on the site which is why I can't remember the name...Doh!

I think that Folkwear makes some patterns for turn of the century garments. Laughing Moon Mercatile also has some great patterns as well but double check because their stuff may reach further back than the turn of the century. I love their stuff. You'd just have to find a seamstress to make up the garment for you.

http://www.folkwear.com/
http://www.lafnmoon.com/patterns.html

Lillemor

One Too Many
I've never done it authentically but tried to emulate it in the mid 90s at times. I like so many different historical periods. Ideally, I'd be able to reach into my wardrobe and grab something from any one period I feel for on that day.

I know there used to be sites that did reproductions from different eras and centuries and some very authentic looking. You'll just have to surf around like I did. There's one site that sells ready made dresses that at least have a very good feel of an era. Uhm...I found them when I was still a plus size and was doing a plus size vintage search. They used to be found easily when Pirates of The Caribbeans (I know that's not what you're talking about) and that period was typed in. I deleted the link not long ago from my favorites.

roselily

One of the Regulars
GreatGrandmotherMinnie.jpg

This is the style I am looking for. Not bridal, though.

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Early 1900s is a very lovely period & one of my favorites. I have sew several pieces from the period as well as from the 1910s. They are not extremely difficult to sew. It just takes some patience & a little know how.

God bless,
Sarah

P.S. Depending on what you have in mind, I could possibly help you. If your interested let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112