Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tux Shirt Problem

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Who here enjoys donning the old tux, or perhaps the occasional white tie and tails? I know I do, and I'm not ashamed to show it off! At any rate, as much as I enjoy my tux, I'm having a slight problem with my wing collar shirt, which I think is the only way to wear a tux. The collar is the closest size to not choking me, which has always been an annoyance with me for dress shirts, but it still slumps down in the middle and creates a wrinkle in the shirt along the button line between the bow tie and the next button down. Further down the shirt all looks normal, but the big wrinkle in the top sticks out like a sore thumb! I have been thinking about resorting to getting some stick-on velcro just to keep the two sides of the shirt together at the area in question but there must be a better way. I could get a smaller collar size so that it would have less slack to slump down with, but the chaffing and chocking would be unbearable!

Has anyone else here had this problem? If you're having trouble picturing what I'm talking about, or just think I'm crazy, I may try to snap a picture of it later if I have time. I can't be the only one out there who has experienced this! It's as if with a regular dress shirt collar the longer lapels are what provide the necessary support to hold things together in the center, with a wing collar there's just nothing holding the thing up!

Let me know what you think,

Thank you for your time.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Can't quite picture what you're describing. Maybe you could have a tailor take in the sides. Neck size is paramount for me. What make is your shirt? Have you tried Lewin or Darcy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy