Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tweed Run 2015 - marshals

itsbruce

Familiar Face
As quite a few of you know, the London Tweed Run is taking place on Saturday 18th April this year. Tickets sold out very quickly, but we are still looking for a few marshals to complete our roster. If you are useful on a bicycle and can spare a few evenings (or a couple of Sunday mornings) to learn the route and the art of managing traffic, come and join the Tweed's Own Yeomanry. Contact me at bruce@tweedrun.com

Here's the squad in action in 2014:

NSC-2014-05-17-London-00142.jpg

tweed-run-marshalls.jpg

Cocktails...

One of the lads wrote up a report of the day from a marshal's perspective.

Your Tweed Run Needs You.

tweed-run-2014_2771.jpg

itsbruce

Familiar Face
Did you make it to this years event (diary clashes and emergencies do arise)? If so, how did you think it went?

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
I did indeed make the run this year and I thank you kindly for you and the marshals for keeping us all safe and sound.

I found the day rather splendid and the company pleasant. My only negative comment is I found it a bit fragmented having to stop at the lights and some of those changed so quickly but used the opportunity to catch ones breath and chat to fellow cyclists. You have to go with what you are given and it did not prevent having a good time and so a big thank you to Ted for arranging it and to you fellows for your patience.

How did you find the day? From a marshals perspective? It seemed to run well for you, I did not stay to long after with other commitments but the ballroom looked great too.

Yours in scouting.

Mr. G

Edward

Bartender
I was unable to make it this year, so missed the run again (one day I'll make it...), but friends who were visiting for the same theatre show I was at chanced across it over the weekend and were very impressed.

itsbruce

Familiar Face
How did you find the day? From a marshals perspective? It seemed to run well for you

This year we had some ridiculous constraints imposed on us by TFL. We had to do many, many hours of extra work to cope with that and to show due diligence. But we've been running this event since 2009 and can cope. The day went very well and was very rewarding. It makes so many people happy.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Yes, that was apparent and you chaps did a sterling job with those restrictions, some of those lights were green for about 20 - 30 secs if that, making it very difficult for you to manage. Thought you all managed to keep us all flowing and on the right track. You have to work with what you are given and all I saw was happy smiling faces which as you say is what it is all about. Long live the tweed run!.

Are you planning to be a marshal next year too?. You cannot keep that great looking bike of your hidden from view.

itsbruce

Familiar Face
Are you planning to be a marshal next year too?. You cannot keep that great looking bike of your hidden from view.

I will be on the marshal team again unless some monstrous diary clash intervenes. As for the pith helmet, of which I was sporting the older Foreign Service model, I find no restriction on head movement at all. It was originally designed for the cavalry, after all. I can see how it might knock against a backpack but I would think the Wolseley pattern helmet, with the more pronounced swept back brim, would be worse for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21