Two-tone spectator search

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by SamMarlowPI, Aug 30, 2012.

1. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

Gentleman!

It has been a solid 2 or 3 years since i have been on the Fedora Lounge and much has transpired. I am getting married in February of 2013 and part of the theme is an older style, with more of a focus on the 1950s. I have a very classic clothier here in Minneapolis (Marty Mathis) who has been advising me on fashion for the groomsmen (you would be blown away by his shop) but I need help finding my shoes! he confirms that this is not a bad choice of shoe for the suit and such that i am wearing but....

I am hoping to get a nice pair of lace-up two-tone spectators (not wingtip), like so:

http://www.squirestux.com/catalog/shoes/prod/index.php?id=11

i have to admit i just found these a few minutes ago but does anyone have any suggestions for this style? i honestly am unsure if this is a wise choice of shoe for my wedding but i want to pursue it unless i notice stop signs to take a different direction. any other help is welcome, i just need some help easily locating these shoes for (hopefully) less than $100. Thanks Gents.

2. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

if you post a pic of the suit it will be easier to judge whether the shoes are the right choice.

3. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

Btw, Marty M is a longtime Fedora Lounge member and a good guy! Give him our regards.
    Marty has posted pictures of his window displays.

4. Isshinryu101

Isshinryu101 One Too Many

Any reason why not the classic black & white wingtip? So very elegant. The apron toe is a much more casual design.

5. Isshinryu101

What is your shoe size?

6. AntonAAK

AntonAAK Practically Family

I would consider spectators a little too casual for a wedding myself. Maybe a plainer shoe would fit better with the occasion?

Whatever you wear have a great day!

7. dhermann1

dhermann1 I'll Lock Up

Plus spectators are really meant to be summer footwear. Just sayin'.
    And please, don't wear spactators with a tux. Please?

8. Isshinryu101

You really need some black wingtip Spades!

9. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

Good to see you back Sam! I've been meaning to get out to Marty's when I'm up in MN.

I'll be getting married in April of 2013 in MN as well, and I'm sticking with patent leather lace-up captoe oxfords. The fact that they're not plain toe is enough to drive me insane, but I'd rather have a nice honeymoon than go searching for some expensive plain toes.

Or in other words, I couldn't imagine spectators at a funer...er, wedding. ;)

(Congratulations, by the way! Hope your both have a great ceremony and reception! Are you going to be married in MN?)

10. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

nooo, no tux! going with suits for myself and groomsmen.

Undertow, no we're actually getting married in North Dakota. know where Bottineau is? wayyyy up north and cold. hah. congrats on your wedding as well!!

this is kind of what the suit looks like. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...m_mmc=bazaarvoice-_-RLP-_-348536-_-image_link

it is not the slim, however, but it is a slightly trim cut. at least i hope to get this suit. have to decide by tomorrow afternoon.

anyway, consensus seems to be away from the spectators and towards a plain. captoes, wingtips. any specific suggestions?? i'm open to anything. thanks fellas. this has really helped!

11. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

i'm about an 11 shoe size.

12. Isshinryu101

Stacy Adams is a garbage shoe now.

13. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

oh i know. im looking at style more than brand.

14. Rick Blaine

Rick Blaine My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]
    Stacy Adams Madison Boot

I was hitched in a pair of these some 11 yrs. ago, October.
    They fit the bill w/ a black coat & slacks. I don't know that I've worn them since.

WTF is g'wine be lookin' at your' feet? Anyway? [huh],... the very least of your' worries at this juncture! :D
    Anyway, Congratulations to you, best wishes to your' Bride & Mazel tov "מזל טוב" :eusa_clap to you both.

Níl aon leigheas ar an ngrá ach pósadh.
    (Pronounced Neel ane lie-ass er on nraw awch[k] poe-sah)
    "There's no cure for love except to marry"
    Go jump the broom! :yo:

15. winter_joe

winter_joe A-List Customer

Nice you have to tell me where maxwells is at in minneapolis and bottineau?? I live in new town and know where the bott is at!!! A fellow lounger so close lol

16. Isshinryu101

Brand doesn't matter. They are poor shoes. If you really like the style though, I suppose you should get them and wear them on the wedding day!

17. Isshinryu101

Get married in those? Great Vintage style, but for a WEDDING, for the GROOM? Extremely casual.

18. Marty M.

Marty M. Vendor

Good to have a fellow Lounger in our shop.

19. dhermann1

dhermann1 I'll Lock Up

My general tendency would be the most conservative. But that's just me.
    BTW, many happy returns of the day, God bless you!