Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Typerwriter repair/rebuild?

Michaelson

One Too Many
Anyone aware of a good typewriter repair person in the U.S.? I have a nice 40's portable that I need rebuilt, and stumble across some FINE old desk top machines in our jaunts through antique stores, but 9 times out of 10, they're totally locked up from mishandling and no regular service. Our last repair shop closed near us a couple of years ago, and no one has stepped up to the plate to pick up the slack. Anyone else in this delima? Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Thank you VERY much Dave. I've come across several Underwoods this weekend, and plan on picking one of those old monsters up, as well as a REALLY odd duck I saw for only $50 at a local antique store, and wanted to locate someone who could put them back in good operating condition. I love to type, so they wouldn't be just 'props' sitting around...they'd be used. Once again, thanks!! High regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ