Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniform questions?

MPicciotto

Practically Family
So I am buying this grouping I found on Craig's List:

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/clo/4340591419.html

According to the seller they were her fathers and he served Active Duty in Korea in the 50's and left the Reserves in the 90's. The second from the right certainly looks like a belted tunic that I thought disappeared in WW2 with even then only the AAF wearing them. Also I don't know what era's the other uniforms fit into. My wife will be picking up the grouping since I'm working in Afghanistan right now.

Matt

Monsoon

A-List Customer
The first jacket looks Navy. The Army never had double gold sleeve bands.

Some of the others look like the 1990s era dress greens and the others the 1940's version of the dress jacket.

cw3pa

A-List Customer
The first jacket looks to be from Army officer's dress blues, but with out the epaulettes. The next are Army officer's dress greens. I'm not sure about the last.

Last edited:

cw3pa

A-List Customer
The color of the ribbon between the two gold braids on the sleeves of the dress blues jacket indicates the officer's branch of service; i.e. red for artillery, blue for infantry, yellow for cavalry, etc. The quality of the photo prevents me from making an identification.

Last edited:

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Thanks for the replies. My wife has picked up the uniforms, big heavy box stuffed full with pants, shirts and tunics. She hasn't had a chance to go through them. They reportedly have mildew on them though. My first thought was to take the entire lot to the dry cleaners, any other ideas on simple treatment for them?

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto