Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNWORN Versace "Classic" Suit. Lightweight wool/silk blend. Size 44.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
UNWORN Versace "Classic" Suit.

Made in Italy from a blend of wool and silk!

Tagged EU 54 (US 44). Measurements:

Chest: 22 3/4
Sleeve: 25 3/4 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 19 3/8
Length: 31 1/8

Waist: 17 1/2 (+2)
Inseam: 30 1/8 with 1 3/4" cuffs (+1)

Versace was founded in 1978 by Gianni Versace as a luxury good brand. The famous Medusa logo was copied from a representation of the goddess on a tile in the ruins of the Reggio Calabria that Gianni had liked as a child when he played in the area--his hope was that the clothing that he produced would inspire the same love in his customers that Medusa inspired in those who encountered her!

While Versace's focus on bright, flashy prints is a far cry from the subdued, naturally-dyed tweeds or hard-wearing vintage clothing that I usually offer it was very hard to pass up this lovely suit.... especially once I discovered that it was unworn!

Cut from a blend of 65% wool and 35% silk, the ligher-weight fabric of this suit has a wonderful hand and drape--it would be perfect for the warmer days of Spring or even Summer. It is cut as a Continental three button suit with just the very hint of a lapel roll; it is darted, and has a shallow double vent. The two front pockets are jetted, and all of the buttons--including the cuff buttons--are signature "Versace Classic" buttons. The jacket is fully lined in Versace Classic signature lining. The trousers are cuffed and pleated and feature the "Versace Classic" piping in the interior waistband.

This jacket is in absolutely excellent condition, being unworn--all of the front pockets are still basted shut.

This is a bargain at just $65, or offer, boxed, shipped, and insured in the USA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner