Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Authentic A-2 Jacket, size 44--$125

Juanito

One of the Regulars
US Authentic A-2, size 44.

I bought this hereon The Fedora Lounge last year. You can see the listing for it here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-us-authentic-russet-hh-a-2-44.108934/
Chest: 24"
Shoulder: 20"
Back 25"
Sleeve: 26"

The jacket fits far larger than a typical 44, mainly due to the shoulder width, typical of every US Authentic jacket I have had--sizing runs large. Typical US (in)Authentic with the heavy horsehide, gold plated snaps, and all the other things that make these jackets not exactly close representations of the originals, or the Perry that it is loosely based upon That said, like Lost Worlds, this is a heavy, well made jacket that would probably outlive all of us.

It is essentially unworn and has no wear, but there are a couple of things to note about this jacket...

First, the zipper is sewn in backwards, or English style. In other words the zipper pull in on the right side, under the flap, with the male end on the left side. I have no idea why this is and it was not disclosed to me when I bought the jacket. The zipper is a Talon and works just fine, it is just backwards.

Secondly, as you can see in the original posting on TFL, the jacket was obviously custom made for someone and had some ugly art on the back. The only reason I bought it was to try an art project of my own, but I have lost interest. I have removed the chest patch, so there are stitch holes, and removed the main artwork on the back with nothing more than warm water and some gently rubbing. The finish that was under the art is not a shiny as the rest of the jacket. It is very hard to tell, but there is a slight difference.

In any case, the jacket is what it is. Use it for a work jacket or start you own art project, or do with it what you will. I just want it out of the jacket armoire.

$125 shipped in the US. PayPal Friends and family.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner