Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US WINGS HORSEHIDE A-2

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Just been perusing my emails when I found a sale at US Wings. Was curious if they carried a horsehide A-2. Sure enough, on sale for about 355.00 depending on size. Was wondering if any of you stalwarts out there had any experience with one from U S Wings. A search didnt prove very helpful. Any reviews from any of you gentlemen?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I've never seen one, but it's probably comparable to the essentially current-spec horsehide models that Cooper and Avirex have made in recent years. No attempt at a repro (poly-cotton lining?), but probably a very nice jacket for what it is. Personally, I don't care for the V-shaped pocket flaps (a la Cooper), but at least there are no handwarmers...

In that price range, I'd be more likely to go for US Authentic's horsehide A-2 (actually, I already did) - it's got proper wool knits and cotton lining, nicer pocket flaps, and (I suspect) a trimmer cut.

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
I got a goatskin A2 from US Wings and returned it. Way to big in the middle and not an authentic A2. As Doc said, you're better off with US Authentic, which I purchased after the US Wings and am totally satisfied with...KC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112