Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentine's Day flowers

Barbigirl

Practically Family
coming from your sweetheart....would you rather have roses or some other bouquet? Assuming money is no object in this case...

I like my red roses delivered to work so all the other girls can ooh, aah, and be envious, that's just me.

What do you girls think?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Roses are always nice, but I used to work in a Florist, so I'm really particular about them, and they must always be deep red.
Other flowers for me are Chocolate Orchids, they smell like chocolate!:D
And yellow Freesias, they smell like honey!:D

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
i have no sweetheart currently, bu if i did i'd wish for:
* gardenias
* tuberoses
* yellow or pink roses
* belles of ireland

or any combination thereof. though, if i had a sweetheart, i bet he'd pick something beautiful and wonderful all on his own...

Jeynne

New in Town
I'm not dating anyone right now, but if I were, I wouldn't want him to buy me roses. I'm not very big on flowers anyway.

Lady Blue

Familiar Face
i would love red or lavender roses and stargazer lilies-my two favorite flowers
tulips run a close second but its a little early yet

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know red roses are the symbol of love and Valentines day, but I love deep lavender roses. I've seen ones that are more than one tone, they go from light to dark, they are exquisite.
I also really love orchids. I think I would prefer a beautifully potted orchid over any bouquet of flowers.
I like the way Lily's look, but I can't stand the smell. I've been in the hospital more times than I can count, and I'm so grateful for my friends and family send me piles upon piles of beautiful floral arrangements. Actually, my parent's closest friends joked with me the last time I was in and said they were going to buy me a plastic floral arrangement that I could bring with me every time I have to go to the hospital, so they could save a little money:D But anyway, for some reason, they always have Lily's in them. I have to haul myself out of bed and pick all of the lily's out because I'd rather smell the awful hospital smell than the smell of Lily's. And now, every time I smell Lily's I'm reminded of the hospital, so it's just bad association all around:)

But, orchid's, I just love all sorts of orchids. If only I had the skill to keep them alive:(

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
One year, at work, I got a call that I had flowers at the front desk on Valentines day. When I went down there were 20 bouquets of red roses and one bouquet of the most exquisite scarlet anemone, which were for me. As the guard was handing them to me he said something like "I'm so sorry you didn't get roses like everyone else", and I smiled and thought "I'm happy with whatever I am given, but someone knows me well--I'd much rather have something out of the ordinary".

I also love all the Spring flowers; lilac, daffodils, tulips, crocus. I'm so happy for those 2 weeks when all those flowers are blooming along with the crabapple trees.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
imoldfashioned said:
I also love all the Spring flowers; lilac, daffodils, tulips, crocus. I'm so happy for those 2 weeks when all those flowers are blooming along with the crabapple trees.

I was just saying to S.O. that I couldn't wait for spring to come and have the house full of lilacs. There is a large lilac bush by my side door and one in front of the kitchen window. They're so gorgeous.

I love red roses but I love lillies and calalillies for me.
I'm also a sucker for gerbera daisies. lol.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Daisy Buchanan said:
I have to haul myself out of bed and pick all of the lily's out because I'd rather smell the awful hospital smell than the smell of Lily's. And now, every time I smell Lily's I'm reminded of the hospital, so it's just bad association all around:)

The colorful Asiatic lillies don't have that lily smell. But I did have a similar experience when I was in the hospital last March. Everyone knew I love lillies so I got a bunch of them. I was in there for 4 days and by the 3rd day I wanted all of the flowers out of my room and couldn't smell lillies for the rest of my pregnancy.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MissHuff said:
The colorful Asiatic lillies don't have that lily smell. But I did have a similar experience when I was in the hospital last March. Everyone knew I love lillies so I got a bunch of them. I was in there for 4 days and by the 3rd day I wanted all of the flowers out of my room and couldn't smell lillies for the rest of my pregnancy.

That's great to know about the Asiatic Lilly's. Thanks. The last time I was in, was for 12 days. I had a sign on my door that read "Droplet Precautions: Gowns, Gloves, Mask, and eyewear must be worn before admittance. And please: No Lillies!" I'm glad that I have the nurses on my side when I have to go in for weeks at a time!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I have to haul myself out of bed and pick all of the lily's out because I'd rather smell the awful hospital smell than the smell of Lily's. And now, every time I smell Lily's I'm reminded of the hospital, so it's just bad association all around

I'm with you on the scent of Stargazer Lilies--I cannot stand it! But Casablanca lilies don't have any fragrance, and are really pretty, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk