Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson 25" body length-too short?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Hello,
I came across this Vanson jacket that I really like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VANSON-USA-...parel_Merchandise&hash=item53ee712728&vxp=mtr

I am 6'2", and prefer longer jackets (usually anywhere from 26.5-28" length).
I came across this jacket that I really like, but do you guys think I could make the 25" work?
I have a Gibson Barnes A-2 that is 26" in length and fits like a proper A-2.
The sleeves are about an inch shorter than I'd care for, but I'm more concerned with the body length.
Would this jacket qualify as one of those jackets that can be worn short?
Thank you guys.
-Nick

Metatron

One Too Many
Usually the rule is that it should cover your belt... Now this also depends on how high the waist of your trousers is, I think 26 inches is a safe length, 25 is for people who mostly wear high waisted trousers.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Hello,
I came across this Vanson jacket that I really like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VANSON-USA-...parel_Merchandise&hash=item53ee712728&vxp=mtr

I am 6'2", and prefer longer jackets (usually anywhere from 26.5-28" length).
I came across this jacket that I really like, but do you guys think I could make the 25" work?
I have a Gibson Barnes A-2 that is 26" in length and fits like a proper A-2.
The sleeves are about an inch shorter than I'd care for, but I'm more concerned with the body length.
Would this jacket qualify as one of those jackets that can be worn short?
Thank you guys.
-Nick

Depends on the front length and the cut. I usually take a 27 inch back at the same height as you. But my 25.5 Aero is fine - it has a 24 inch front. Often a 25 inch back will have a 22-23 inch front and this does look short.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum