Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Vanson C2RN “Renegade” thoughts? Any owners here?

Curious about the above named Vanson. Looks like a lengthened version of the C2 stripped of the belt and epaulettes. I like it and the price is very reasonable. I’m curious about the leather. It’s described and “deer tanned cow”

https://vansonleathers.com/mens-lea...-style-soft-deer-tanned-leather-jacket-C.html

What the hell does that even mean? I’d be curious to hear from any owners as to what the hide feels like. To me it looks a bit like the fierenze, which I’m not very keen on. I do like the style quite a bit though....

anybody ever have one of these guys?
C909AC8E-BE00-41BE-80D8-1D89FC232F13.jpeg

I did. I don’t know if I’d pay the extra 2 and change for them to swap the liner and emboss their brand into it though. Straight from the horses mouth seems every bit as good, unless I missed something in the butterworth jacket.

Curious about the hide and how they fit. If I recall the C2 is a little roomier in the gut and lacks the laces like the E has, to cinch it in...

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Nice one! Not sure how I ever missed this on Vanson's site. Leather also looks nice than the Firenze. Deer tanned cow...kind of looks like the leather on my vanson riding gloves but I doubt its the same. Id gamble with it, just make sure you buy a size 42 in case you need to flip ;).

The price would jump drastically, but I think this model in Octagon would be amazing. Hmm, maybe I should change my current custom Colorado order...

Psant25

One Too Many
I did. I don’t know if I’d pay the extra 2 and change for them to swap the liner and emboss their brand into it though. Straight from the horses mouth seems every bit as good, unless I missed something in the butterworth jacket.

Curious about the hide and how they fit. If I recall the C2 is a little roomier in the gut and lacks the laces like the E has, to cinch it in...
Yeah i was gonna say that even in the butterscotch listing talks about roomy hem or something. You like em pretty tapered I would consider that. Prlly easily fixed with an alteration but then price goes up and up.

Nice but I love Rock and Roll so...

Seriously, though, looks like the same kind of deer 5* offers. XD Heavily printed cow. I dunno, I wouldn't be super happy with that one. In another leather, sure.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
This is a timely post. I almost mentioned this in your BL WTB buy post. I've been searching for a subdued crosszip myself (no epaulets or belt). I love the Commando but don't want to be pay the premium it commands. I stumbled upon the Renegade on Vanson's site and searched for info here, but couldnt find much. Found a couple old classified ads, but no review. Still, the 15% discount plus the joy I received from my Model B led me to place an order with Constantine directly in early January. Paid half up front, with remainder due on completion. Should have it by April.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
@ton312 if it helps your decision-making, these are the measurements Constantine sent me. I went with a 42:
"The size 42 measures 46.5'' around the chest ( 23.25'' pit to pit).

Chest 46.5''
Across Shoulders : 19.00''
Sleeve Length : 25.37''
Length Front : 22.63'' (CF measured from the base of the collar down the bottom hem)
Length Back: 26.50'' (CB same as above but measured from the center base of collar back down to the bottom hem)"

For the price, with current discount, this jacket doesn't seem to have a competitor for a simple cross-zip.

@ton312 if it helps your decision-making, these are the measurements Constantine sent me. I went with a 42:
"The size 42 measures 46.5'' around the chest ( 23.25'' pit to pit).

Chest 46.5''
Across Shoulders : 19.00''
Sleeve Length : 25.37''
Length Front : 22.63'' (CF measured from the base of the collar down the bottom hem)
Length Back: 26.50'' (CB same as above but measured from the center base of collar back down to the bottom hem)"

For the price, with current discount, this jacket doesn't seem to have a competitor for a simple cross-zip.
Yeah I agree! Numbers look pretty good in a 42” too. Trying to decide how biker I want to go. I have a feeling I know where I’m headed.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
If I do go this route I think I’ll ask that the coin pocket and collar/lapel snaps be removed. Bare bones.
Funny, I had the same exact thought but then you enter custom territory/cost and I just didnt feel strongly enough to make those changes. Hope i don’t regret that decision.