Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson catalogue

pawineguy

One Too Many
Yes, I was just looking through this also. Interesting that they are producing most of the new models in the lighter leathers, which are right around 3 oz instead of the 3.5 oz comp weight - probably a good move as even a lot of riders would be happy with 3 oz steerhide.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've already started on my wife by making a brief mention of Vanson over dinner last evening: "There's this great little company, been around forever, much cheaper than Aero, etc." Their belted Model J was the jacket that led me to this forum a few years back and, although I eventually went with an Aero LHB, I still want one badly.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
My first good (motorcycle) jacket was a Vanson Teton and it's still my most practical jacket for riding. It's my warmest with sufficient room for layering and the long back really works against the chill. it's also my coolest (leather) jacket with effective venting up the ying-yang. I also like the Sturges with armor. The competition weight is too heavy for me but the Firenze is A-OK.

When I first joined FL, posts said it took almost a year to get a Vanson. I got mine, which was already made, on the phone with Kim, half of the couple behind Vanson. I assume the lack of recent posts on that subject indicates it's no longer a problem.

Attachments

• v77.jpg
    v77.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 183
  • v78.jpg
    v78.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 186
Spent half a day on a motorcycle today, wearing Model B, and as I was driving home just now, out of the blue I thought to myself 'Damn, this is such a great jacket!'. And it really, truly is. It may be the finest jacket I've ever had (with Mod. A).

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have Vanson improved the horrendous wait times I kept hearing about in the past....people waiting over 2 years for a jacket with no communication?

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I do like a couple of things the non leather jackets there.

I'm pretty shocked at the design of the brochure though. It looks like something from 20 years ago, and not in a good 'vintage' way.

Bighatlaw

One of the Regulars
page12image584

I really like that Portland. May have to jump on that. Heck I like all the green ones! Wondering if the collar has snaps to keep it back off the neck like a Chopper?

Spent half a day on a motorcycle today, wearing Model B, and as I was driving home just now, out of the blue I thought to myself 'Damn, this is such a great jacket!'. And it really, truly is. It may be the finest jacket I've ever had (with Mod. A).
Agreed. Vanson is the undisputed king of functional gear. And it looks amazing as well. The model a and model b are timeless, beautiful perfection. Jealous of a January ride btw.

Have Vanson improved the horrendous wait times I kept hearing about in the past....people waiting over 2 years for a jacket with no communication?
I waited 6 months for a derby. But I think think the squeaky email gets greased. I was all over them for updates, when will it be ready, etc...and this was well before it was released as a model. But I had a tiny wantanabe collab that I wanted in my size.

Agreed. Vanson is the undisputed king of functional gear. And it looks amazing as well. The model a and model b are timeless, beautiful perfection. Jealous of a January ride btw.

Perfection indeed, which is why I had to have both A & B. :)

It was such a nice and warm day today, I just couldn't resist. Went to the local store to get some cleaning stuff, ended up miles away from the city. That's all over though as the weather here will turn crap starting tomorrow...

pawineguy

One Too Many

They have, they were having a big problem with the tannery (or tanneries) at one point and refused to make jackets from what they considered inferior hides. Kudos to them for not sacrificing quality and thus taking a big sales hit, but as you note, the communication was terrible.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Has anyone pulled the trigger yet? You could do a lot worse than ordering a Daytona,Classic or Portland for the bike. The Royale looks great in Octagon, as does the 50s car coat. It's a nice change looking at sub USD$1100 jackets. A very,very nice change!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider