Vanson fit pics w question

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by JohnS33931, Nov 20, 2021.

1. mendelboaz

mendelboaz One Too Many

I agree with the others, that Model B looks perfect on you, don't change a thing about it. However, if you find the Dakota very comfortable, you should go ahead and enjoy that too. After all, fit preference is personal. From this side, we can only tell how it looks on you, not how it feels.

TREEMAN and JohnS33931 like this.
  2. JohnS33931

JohnS33931 Familiar Face

Called Vanson today, gave them the registration number and asked about the leather.
    The guy said that since it is dark brown, it is a Firenze - middleweight. I think he was saying that the Competition weight only comes in black.
    Also ordered a black competition weight Maverick - couldn't resist the sale!

TREEMAN likes this.
  3. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Who said that CW is only available in black? If I ever call Vanson again I’ll make sure to speak to someone else.

Congrats on the Maverick. Very nice.

JohnS33931 likes this.
  4. JohnS33931

JohnS33931 Familiar Face

I talked to a man - don’t remember his name or exactly all he said, but he did say “its dark brown so its a Firenze”.

JMax likes this.
  5. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Does it have the Firenze label? The one with two American flags and “Medium Weight” printed in the middle.

TREEMAN and JohnS33931 like this.
  6. JohnS33931

JohnS33931 Familiar Face

It does have the American flag, but doesn't say Medium Weight.
    But my Firenze Dakota that I bought in their Fall River store doesn't either.
    The one I bought at their store says Fall River the B say Boston.

7. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

I was always under the impression that CW was only available in black.

JohnS33931 and JMax like this.
  8. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

The CW comes in a variety of colors. Vanson themselves say so in the online descriptions of their colorful race-oriented gear.

I owned a brown Ike that I spoke extensively to Vanson about years ago. It definitely was CW, per the serial number that the amazing Greek Freak ran. My current E is older and is made of atypical CW. It isn’t stiff and probably never was. I believe Ton had a similar E and referred to it as CW Lambskin lol. Reminds me of the Ike’s hide, which was supple enough to compel a call to Vanson to ask if the jacket was really CW. It was.

JohnS33931 and Schambach like this.
  9. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

I got to get me one of those "E" AGAIN... I had one, but my ex kept it just to piss me off. Love that jacket. Perhaps my favorite all around riding/rocking jacket. My riding buddy who also owned one, the very same thing happened to him with his exwife. LOL.

JohnS33931 and JMax like this.
  10. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Definitely. Can’t let her win. I’ll keep my eyes open. 42-44?

JohnS33931 and photo2u like this.
  11. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

Sweet! I am 42 on that one!

JMax likes this.