Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Gambler

SJC

Suspended
Hello! Does anyone own the Vanson Gambler jacket? If so could you post pictures of the jacket. Their stock photos, the lapel part doesn't look like it lays nice and flat. Curious if anyone could post their own images to get a better idea if I want to buy it as no one sells it but Thurston Bros on the West coast. Thank you. Steven

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Hello! Does anyone own the Vanson Gambler jacket? If so could you post pictures of the jacket. Their stock photos, the lapel part doesn't look like it lays nice and flat. Curious if anyone could post their own images to get a better idea if I want to buy it as no one sells it but Thurston Bros on the West coast. Thank you. Steven

@ton312 had one, but I think he got rid of it because it was too tight for him.

I have a walnut ELMC Windward, which is the same design, essentially, a few minor differences, and of course a completely different leather and other materials from what Vanson use. I like it a lot. On mine, the lapels lay flat. I think Vanson uses heavier leather than the 2.5oz ELMC use, so that might be why it sticks up a bit. Should conform once broken in, or if not you can wet it and mould it to the desired shape.

Reactions: SJC
I did indeed have a Gambler and sold it on. While it fit perfectly fine in the body and shoulders the sleeve circumference was entirely too tight for me. It's an incredible jacket tho. Made of top tier, quality leather, craftsmanship and a very attractive pattern. For slimmer built enthusiasts it's a perfect jacket. I'm like thick cut bacon so it was a no go for me. I will say the new brown cowhide offers much more flexibility in the arms, but they are still pretty darn trim. Much like the Vanson Derby (which I also bought and sold) I suspect these are made with the thinner lot in mind.

SJC

Suspended
@ton312 had one, but I think he got rid of it because it was too tight for him.

I have a walnut ELMC Windward, which is the same design, essentially, a few minor differences, and of course a completely different leather and other materials from what Vanson use. I like it a lot. On mine, the lapels lay flat. I think Vanson uses heavier leather than the 2.5oz ELMC use, so that might be why it sticks up a bit. Should conform once broken in, or if not you can wet it and mould it to the desired shape.
Thanks for the advice. I love the ELMC Roadster in American Walnut way more. I keep starring it at more. I don't care if the body is wool. I made up my mind. I'm going to inquire of they can put a belt on it that matches. The Italian horsehide sold me.

SJC

Suspended
I did indeed have a Gambler and sold it on. While it fit perfectly fine in the body and shoulders the sleeve circumference was entirely too tight for me. It's an incredible jacket tho. Made of top tier, quality leather, craftsmanship and a very attractive pattern. For slimmer built enthusiasts it's a perfect jacket. I'm like thick cut bacon so it was a no go for me. I will say the new brown cowhide offers much more flexibility in the arms, but they are still pretty darn trim. Much like the Vanson Derby (which I also bought and sold) I suspect these are made with the thinner lot in mind.
HAHAHA, I am going to be thick cut bacon too. I eat 24/7. Thank goodness I am working in the vegetable garden 24/7 too.

Acererak

One of the Regulars
I really wanted one, but my wife thought it looked too mid-life crisis on me. Well duh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SJC

Suspended
I really wanted one, but my wife thought it looked too mid-life crisis on me. Well duh!
You can be any age to wear a jacket. She just probably didn't want you to spend $800 on yourself. Lol Happy I am single. I answer to no one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk