Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Ike anyone?

53Effie

A-List Customer
Hi Maltess. I have an Ike. The fit on mine is not particularly slim...almost generous actually. Also, the jacket is a bit longer in the body than you might think from looking at the photos on the website. The back length on mine, which is tagged as a 44R, is almost 27" from collar seam to bottom of the jacket back. Kinda borders on a long half-belt without the belt. I was expecting more of a waist jacket similar to the military style Ike. It is a nice comfortable jacket for riding and I have used it mostly for that. As a casual jacket, I am not well pleased with the cut.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Interesting to hear it is long because the Vanson company photo shows an extremely short jacket. How to explain this?

53Effie

A-List Customer
Seb Lucas. I think the pattern used is the same as the Orvis Vanson Ike and I'll bet it is a bit different than the original Ike made by Vanson. You are right about the Vanson company photo. I sure thought I was getting a shorter jacket based on that photo. The length on the longer jacket makes the placement of the side buckles a little awkward in my opinion. Interesting.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
The length problem could have been averted if they would only provide the jacket's various measurements on their website. I notice this is a problem with every single jacket company website I visit, AERO, SCHOTT, LW, LEGENDARY, ETC.
Don't understand why these manufacturers won't post this info, it would undoubtedly prevent miscalculations on the customer's part not to mention all the time it would save the company having to deal with simple requests for jacket measurement info. Very peculiar.
Won't get into the sub-par photos most of them use either, just don't understand it. Business must be really booming.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
The lack of measurements and more detailed pictures would just put me off. There's no decent description so you don't even know exactly what you're buying. Doesn't this strike anyone else funny that a company can expect you to hand over $529 and not need any more information?

The jacket in the picture doesn't fit the model very well anyhow. It's too big in the chest and shoulders and too short in the arms. The length looks okay on him for a short cut jacket which is apparently misleading as it's not a short jacket!

All of this is a shame as it's a great looking jacket especially the front pockets. However if it's cut to fit long in the body I can't imagine it working with the back panel and side straps where they are. The style is short so why the standard 27" back?

That's no way to sell your product is it? :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana