Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Leather Model A Cafe Racer Jacket - size 40

trapp

Practically Family
Vanson Leather Motorcycle / Scooter Cafe Racer Jacket
size 40
Made in Boston, USA
$265 (includes USPS Priority CONUS shipping)

A few months ago I sold my Vanson leather trucker on here and now I'm letting go of this classic Vanson 'Model A' jacket. It's a thing of beauty. The jacket has seen a lot of wear but remains in excellent condition, with a beautiful broken in patina to the heavy weight leather. The inner lining is strong and stable. The brass hardware has darkened with age but works and looks great; the left zip sleeve is missing the zipper pull but it works fine (you may want to add your own pull). You could also shine up the brass snap heads on the collar and base of front if desired, but i myself prefer the aged look. The jacket can accept an inner liner (not included). There are no odors at all (no must, no tobacco, no funk). The lighter marks you see in the photos are just honest patina from wear, not stains or paint marks, and all of them are just the surface dye wearing off (there are no deep scuffs or abrasions). The jacket is stable and ready to wear as soon it comes out of the shipping box.

This jacket fits true to size. It's a men's 40. In classic cafe racer jacket style, it's a slim, athletic 40; if you're slender it's wonderful as it's a snug jacket that will hug your lines. If you have any gut at all, as I now do, you may want to pass ;)

The serial number, as on all Vanson jackets, is stamped in leather in a pocket. The number is 14682A05.

Chest (pit to pit) 21
Shoulder 17 1/8
sleeve 25
front length 26
rear length 27 1/4
width across bottom 19

Thanks for looking and please feel free to message me any questions. Price is negotiable and I'm happy to entertain reasonable offers.

Last edited:

trapp

Practically Family
101_6501.JPG
101_6511.JPG
101_6503.JPG
101_6504.JPG
101_6505.JPG
101_6506.JPG
101_6507.JPG
101_6508.JPG
101_6510.JPG

God, that's essentially a giveaway at this price. Okay, at least to me, as a Model A in this leather (best Vanson had, IMO) is a dream of a dream to me. Someone get this, now.

I've never seen one with that snap at the bottom of the main zipper, though. Looks really cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot