Vanson marauder in rare octagon brown. Size 44 for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Darylh, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Darylh

Darylh New in Town

144549FA-2022-4EF1-8A7D-1927B0535966.jpeg Selling my rare vanson leathers marauder as it no longer fits. Very little wear. Gently broken in. Built like a tank. Nice details including storm cuffs and leather lined pockets. I think it’s competition weight steerhide. Fits like a 44. Pit to pit 24” shoulder to cuff 24” waist 20-21 inches (expanding) back length 24.5” shoulders 21” looking for $450 shipped from the uk

sjc501 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  2. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Awesome jacket, already admired it on ebay. Good luck with the sale. Wish it was my size.

3. Darylh

Darylh New in Town

Thanks jj. The octagon colour really makes it stand out. Hopefully I can find a new owner to give it the appreciation it deserves. Dh

dannyk likes this.
  4. dannyk

dannyk Practically Family

Love the Octagon color and would be a nice addition to my collection, but not my size. Just wanted to stop in and admire the color and say GLWS

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  5. Darylh

Darylh New in Town

Thanks Danny, that’s appreciated.

dannyk likes this.
  6. regius

regius One Too Many

Vanson’s rendition of the Windward. My experience with the octagon is it’s a bit plastic and thin, I assume it gets spongier and less glossy with wear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Darylh

Darylh New in Town

D868890A-2694-4E7E-A517-95722C211729.jpeg 735B9361-C835-45F4-80D8-0E2329690985.jpeg Thanks regius, the marauder is indeed a close cousin to the windward. Certainly wouldn’t say plastic and thin when describing the leather. I’ve owned many aero jackets and it’s easily on par with their quality if not better than some. The leather is thick with a distinctive natural grain. I think it’s classed as their competition weight and I would say tough but still flexible enough to wear. Like some Aero horsehide, you can stand the jacket up of its own accord. The sheen in the picture is largely due to the picture quality. In reality the leather has a more flat finish. That said it’s not as dull as say Aero’s tumbled FQHH. I will try and add a few more pics as these were taken on a bright day with lots of reflective light.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  8. Darylh

Darylh New in Town

Sold to Pete from NYC

dannyk and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  9. Ltgoldfish

Ltgoldfish New in Town

And a truly awesome jacket it is, thank you.
    About 3 day shipping from England, packed with care.
    Welcome to the forum, Daryl H!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leither likes this.