Vanson Model B House Cowhide Genuine Leather Cafe Racer Motorcycle Jacket SZ 42

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by r0c1nant3, Jul 23, 2019.

1. r0c1nant3

r0c1nant3 New in Town

IMG_20190718_135542.jpg
    Genuine Vanson Model B "House" - Technically it's a Model BH - Black Competition Weight Leather Cafe Racer style Jacket. (even still has the serial number key chain fob) Size 42.

Listed on ebay but I would rather sell it here (no ebay fee's). Reasonable offers will be entertained and hopefully not entertaining :)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/133116229115

The Model B is the second Vanson leather jacket they made, after the original AZ2 was introduced in 1975. It has a Bi-swing action back for better movement, it doesn't go quite so low in the back so it's more comfortable to sit in. The sides taper at the waist for comfort and to accentuate the shoulders. This is a hand-built jacket, manufactured in Boston.

The "House" uses the red and white race stripes on the arm, lifted from the Vanson Star.

Features solid brass buckles and zipper. One interior pocket, three exterior. A black rayon liner and a zip out fleece liner (included), but also has snaps to accept the Vanson Streamliner snap-in vest.

I wore this only in winter (Utah; its cold for a long time here) just as a coat. It was always a little bit big on me, but I've lost weight and now it's really too big on me. There are wrinkles in the arms/shoulders from normal wear and a few minor scuffs, like on the leading edges around the wrists. One scratch over the hand warmer pocket (visible in the photo). But overall, still in excellent condition. (non-smoking home) This is a Buy it for Life (unless you change size) heirloom product. It takes years and years to break these jackets in. It still stands up on it's own.

From Vanson:
    Size 42 - Chest measures about 48.5 inches = Normal ease is about 6.5 inches.
    Back length is about 25.5 - Front 22.5 - Sleeves are about 35.5 (Nape of neck to Wrist)
    Bottom circumference sweep is 44 inches.

This is the jacket worn by Hugh Laurie in House,

It was also used in the first season of Showtimes Shameless:

MSRP: $680.00

IMG_20190718_135559.jpg IMG_20190718_135615.jpg IMG_20190718_135644.jpg IMG_20190718_135705.jpg IMG_20190718_135718.jpg IMG_20190718_135819.jpg IMG_20190718_135830.jpg ROMA-BH-dr-house.png Sketch.png

2. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Perfect jacket. Some of the best I've had. It was in the exact same leather. Cannot recommend this enough.

r0c1nant3 and Ric. like this.
  3. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

Really nice jacket, but the measurements as presented are confusing.

I have a Vanson Comet size 42 and its measurements are nothing like what's provided in this listing.

Forget providing full circumference measurements. Forget the Vanson chart. Zip the jacket and lay it flat, use a tailors tape measure and please provide the following:
    • Chest pit to pit
    • Shoulders seam to seam across the back
    • Length from the bottom of the collar to the bottom seam at the rear
    • Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff hem following the sleeve curve
    • Waist across the bottom hem
    These measurements will help you with the sale.

4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

This model is quite a bit longer of torso and back length than a comet - Probably 2.5 - 3" in a comparable size such as this 42. Stunning jacket there sir and nicely broken in!

5. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

I get that it’s longer than a Comet. The remaining measurements are off.

6. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

He is just using Vanson's Ease measurements for the Model B. A bit different than straight measurements but accurate once you get a feel for it. Forget the chart, that has always been some confusing sh...stuff. Straight measurements, especially for the chest would be helpful.

Nice jacket, really nice.

7. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

I’m less interested in what Vanson’s chart says this jacket measures than what the jacket itself actually measures.

Bennarion likes this.
  8. b1lf

b1lf One of the Regulars

9. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

I like the House jacket. GLWS!

10. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

b1lf likes this.
  11. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

b1lf - You state "The Model B is crap." Then post the photos you did of your jacket, which looks normal - if a tad on the grayish side (of black probalby just the light on the jacket). What do you mean? I'm confused, but that does not take much? Are you not satisfied with your Model B?

sweetfights likes this.
  12. b1lf

b1lf One of the Regulars

Yikes. Can someone else take this one?

13. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

14. b1lf

b1lf One of the Regulars

Haha, I'm an engineer too - some of us have Google'd sarcasm!!!! :)

Happy Friday!

PS: take this post as hard data that I was being sarcastic about my Model B being crap (meaning undesirable). It is the nicest jacket I've ever owned. Which is the same company, cut, leather, and hardware offered in this thread: just with the 'house stripes' on the arms.

Monitor and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  15. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

Got it! :)

No offense taken at all...

I've not owned a B, but have owned an A. It was a bomb, but I prefer my Enfield these days.

sweetfights likes this.
  16. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Glad you clarified this. Sarcasm or irony are hard to pull off on forums.

r0c1nant3 and sweetfights like this.
  17. r0c1nant3

r0c1nant3 New in Town

Okay, finally obtained a soft tape for some measurements. :)

IMG_20190801_135529.jpg MVIMG_20190801_135426.jpg MVIMG_20190801_135444.jpg MVIMG_20190801_135554.jpg MVIMG_20190801_135608.jpg

Kuro likes this.
  18. r0c1nant3

r0c1nant3 New in Town

Bump. :) The leaves are starting to turn out here.

19. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

This thread has gone on about stuff a bit??
    So how much are you asking for this jacket??
    B

20. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019